Review | Covergirl Clump Crusher

Lashblast mascara has been a favorite among consumers and bloggers alike for years now. It has a big brush with rubber bristles that does an amazing job of coating every lash. Since Lashblast is such a popular mascara, Covergirl has released variations of this mascara to perform functions other than volumizing. One of the most recent members of the Lashblast family is the Clump Crusher mascara which has received many great reviews from people in the beauty world, but this one will certainly not a rave review.


First of all let me start off by saying that there is nothing wrong with the brush or what it does to my lashes. I actually really enjoy the curved rubber brush and find that it defines my lashes extremely well. It also adds a bit of volume which I particularly enjoy. And as the name states, this mascara will not leave your lashes clumped up whatsoever.

So what exactly is wrong with this mascara? The formula. The formula is ultimately the deal breaker for me. This has to be hands down the worst waterproof mascara I've ever tried. When my boyfriend notices black stains around my eyes you know it's extremely noticeable. Doesn't matter if I yawn and my eyes tear up, or if I actually cry- this mascara just starts running like crazy! If you cry your tears will turn black like that infamous scene when Lauren Conrad cried on the Hills, you know which one I'm talking about. I can't imagine how one would look if they stepped out with this mascara on a rainy day, you'd probably end up looking like a raccoon! As you can see in the swatch I just sprayed water and the formula already started to move around and dissolve. I also found that this mascara flakes a bit which is also very unfortunate.

I really had high hopes for this mascara but the formula is ultimately the reason why this mascara earns the title of "worst waterproof mascara." If you're not looking for a normal mascara then I might recommend this, but do not waste your money this waterproof mascara.
Have you tried this mascara? If so, did you also experience the same problems as I did? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment