My New Haircut | Asymmetrical Bob with Bangs

The bangs are BACK! It has been a few year since I've rocked the bangs but I started feeling a bit too plain without them. Many of you probably started following me when I was bang-less, but I've had bangs for most of my life. I guess you can refer to bangs as my security blanket, or maybe you could even call them my all-time favorite accessory. Back in the day I used to straighten the shit out of my bangs, so I assumed that it would be near to impossible to rock bangs without feeling the need to use a straightener everyday. But let me tell you, having bangs with textured hair is more than possible. In fact, the bangs are perfect for my laziness because I literally just put product and let them air dry. Apart from the bangs, I also got a bit of an asymmetrical and textured cut which I will go into detail in this post.


As always, I highly recommend you watch the video before you look through the rest of the post. In the video I'm going to explain the cut, as well as the things that make this cut a bit different from other bobs that I've had. LC (Laura Claire) from Ashen Salon in La Jolla is the woman responsible for all my amazing haircuts. I cannot recommend her enough, especially if you have curly/wavy hair.
In the profile shots you can clearly see how the left side is just a bit longer than the right side. I quite like the asymmetrical look since it makes the bob look a bit more modern in my opinion.
Asymmetrical Bob with Bangs
Asymmetrical Bob with Bangs
I apologize for the back not looking as neat as when I first got it cut, but that's what happens when you're busy and don't have the time to record a video right after getting your haircut. The back and undercut issue will be resolved soon with a little trim and cleanup. But yes, it's been a whole year since I first decided to go with an undercut and I'm still in love with how much it has simplified my life.
Asymmetrical Bob with Bangs
And here's my haircut from the front! I hope you love my haircut as much as I adore it. I know I always say this, but I think this might be my favorite haircut that LC has done on me. I also want to let you know that she recently started an Instagram for all her hair work, so make sure to give LC a follow!

What is your favorite haircut? Let me know in the comments below and also let me know if you've attempted your favorite cut. I know I used to love pixies before I even decided to go for the big chop, so I'm guessing there might be a few of you out there that love a haircut that you've never tried on yourself.

No comments :

Post a Comment