The Asymmetrical Pixie

As you all know by now, I have a pixie cut and I'm really proud of it but I was recently contemplating on starting the process of growing out my hair. I like changing up my hair often and started to miss my bob a little, but then I stumbled upon this particular picture on Pinterest and decided I still wanted to experiment with the pixie cut. A lot of people think long hair is very versatile but let me tell you, short hair is just as versatile. In this post I'm going to show you some before and after pictures so you can see what a difference a haircut makes.


As you can tell my hair had lost any sign of an actual style. It was unruly, fluffy, and most of all it just looked bad. The hair around my ears were starting to get curly and mullets are never flattering. Never! Getting a structured cut immediately adds dimension to your face. When you also get a cut you can get to see your lovely ears as well, which I really have learned to embrace even if they are uneven. A nice structured cut also makes you the ideal candidate for anything bold such as thick framed glasses, a graphic eyeliner, a unique set of earrings, or a statement lip.
Now that you know what a structured pixie can do for one let me tell you a little about an asymmetrical pixie. Everyone has heard of an asymmetrical bob which was made really famous by people like Victoria Beckham and Rihanna. Lately Michelle Williams (my pixie cut inspiration) has been rocking a asymmetrical pixie and whatever pixie style she has I try to emulate. The cut starts with one side short so for me that's my right side. The right side all the way to the back of my head is extremely short, similar to an undercut. Once you start getting closer to the left side it starts getting longer, kind of like a gradient effect. The longest portion of this haircut starts from the crown and swoops forward to the bangs. I still don't have the length for a Michelle Williams inspired asymmetrical pixie but in a month or two I will probably have it.

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay? Also what type of pixie hair posts do you want to see? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment