The Concealer Roundup

If you'd tell me that I could only choose 5 makeup products to own for the rest of my life one of them would certainly be a concealer. Concealers aren't just for covering up blemishes anymore. Some illuminate, others cover up redness, and then there are others that even treat darkness. Concealers can easily be used to give you the appearance that you actually got 8 hours of sleep, or that you have flawless skin.


Wand Concealer- Flower Secret Cover-Up, $7.98
Concealers that comes in a similar tube as lip glosses have a liquid consistency and are easy to blend. I had originally bought this concealer with the intention of using it under my eye but it was so dry that it would just gather up in the lines around my eye. I was about to just give up on this concealer until I found that it works amazing for covering up blemishes and darkness. The formula is opaque enough to cover red blemishes and the darkness around my mouth. The concealers run a little too yellow or too pink so be careful when choosing your right shade. Overall this is a great product for keeping in your bag for touch ups throughout the day.

Full Coverage- Vichy Dermablend Dermafinish Corrective Stick $28; Dermafinish Corrective Foundation $30
Vichy recently renamed their Dermablend products and are now known as Dermafinish. The Dermafinish foundations come in two forms- a foundation stick or liquid foundation. You might be asking why these foundations are in this concealer post. Yes, they are foundations but makeup products can be used in multiple ways and I happen to use them more for concealing. Either of these are strong enough to cover dark spots, severe rosacea, acne, and even tattoos. I personally prefer the stick since it's mess free, but the liquid foundation works amazing too. I have a video all about concealing post-acne marks with Vichy Dermafinish right here.

Under Eye Concealer- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles, $8.99
This is my holy grail undereye concealer. If you follow my YouTube channel then you're probably sick of me talking about this concealer, but I haven't found anything that beats this concealer. It covers your dark circles, blends out effortlessly, and it brightens any area. It is all you can ask for in a concealer! I also love how the areas that you cover will still look like skin. This won't look like you caked up a lot of product, it'll just give you the appearance that you're well rested. I cannot recommend this enough for those of you looking for a good under eye concealer.

Color Correcting- Avène Couvrance Concealer Stick, $25
Color correcting concealers will cover up any troublesome areas. Green concealer will neutralize redness, rosacea, and even sunburns. A yellow concealer works great for purple under eye circles, bruising, and it can also be used to illuminate to get a Kim Kardashian type of look. Purple concealer works great for those of you that have strong yellow undertone and want to neutralize that. Orange and salmon colored concealers work fantastic for purple discoloration most commonly seen in darker skin tones. The Avène Couvrance stick is a medium-full coverage stick concealer that works amazing since it's formulated for sensitive skin. You can often find concealer wheels with 4 color correcting concealers online and also in various stores.

Illuminating- Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer, $7.99; L'Oréal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Highlighter, $12.99
I don't currently own either of these, but I have used and enjoyed them in the past. Both work nearly identical, have a brush dispenser, a light consistency, and brighten up areas of the face. You can use them under your eye, on the cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, and between your eyebrows to instantly brighten up those areas. Just remember that these aren't supposed to cover up imperfections, if you end up applying this on a blemish then all you're going to do is highlight your imperfections.

I hope you enjoyed this post about the different concealers that I own. What are you favorite concealers? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment