Review | Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review
Forget the Kylie Lip Kits, a brand that constantly sells out and has killer liquid lipsticks is Jeffree Star Cosmetics. Yes, Jeffree Star from MySpace now has a cosmetic empire and over 1 million subscribers on YouTube. I know I'm basic as hell when compared to Jeffree, but I just adore his over-the-top personality and fierce makeup. I first heard about Jeffree Star Cosmetics over a year ago on YouTube and I had been wanting to buy one of the famous Velour Liquid Lipsticks for the longest time. What held me back was the fact that these sell out quick! But a few months ago I was finally able to get my hands on the cult shade, Celebrity Skin.


Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Review
There's a reason why the Velour Liquid Lipsticks are so popular and yes, they do really live up to the hype. The Velour Liquid Lipsticks have a liquidy formula that applies very easily thanks to the special doe foot applicator. The applicator has a little well that collects the product and comes to a fine tip, which really comes in handy for creating a crisp line. The formula is also very lightweight and flexible, so you can move your lips around without that drying feel that a lot of liquid lipsticks will give you. I also find that the formula goes on opaque, so I usually end up applying just one coat of the liquid lipstick to my lips.

Personally I think the Velour Liquid Lipsticks are extremely comfortable to wear throughout the whole day. The liquid lipstick will fade when you eat, but you can easily touch up without feeling like there's a thick layer of product on your lips. I think the Velour Liquid Lipsticks and the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are easily two of the most comfortable liquid lipstick formulas in the market. Where the differences come into play are the formulas. The Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are a little bit creamier and a bit more long wearing in my opinion. Now like any other liquid lipstick formula, the Velour Liquid Lipsticks will enhance the lines on your lips because it does have a flat matte finish.

There aren't too many cons but I still feel the need to discuss two issues that I have with the Velour Liquid Lipstick. First of all, let's talk about the scent. Most of the Velour Liquid Lipstick do not have an added fragrance except Celebrity Skin, Unicorn Blood, Breakfast At Tiffany's, Abused, and Blue Velvet which have a root beer float scent. I could not figure out the scent for the longest time and I honestly thought that my Velour Liquid Lipstick had gone bad because of the weird smell. Even though I love root beer floats, the scent of these lipsticks are a little too chemically smelling for myself. The second issue that I have is the availability, as I mentioned the Velour Liquid Lipsticks do sell out very quickly. If you wanted to casually go on the Jeffree Star Cosmetics website and purchase one of the popular shades, you will have to wait for the restock. You can purchase Jeffree Star Cosmetics on Morphe's website (which I would highly recommend because you can use one of the many YouTube discount codes), but most of the time the popular shades are sold out as well.
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Celebrity Skin
The shade I picked up is the cult favorite, Celebrity Skin. This shade is described as a soft brown nude with a peachy undertone, and I would say the description is spot on. It is a very wearable nude that won't wash you out if you have a fair or light skin tone. I personally love this shade and I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a very flattering nude.

I also have to point out that these products are 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and they're safe to use around the eye area!
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Celebrity Skin
Here are some hand swatches of Celebrity Skin so you can see how the color looks like when it's wet and once it is dry. It does appear slightly darker once it is dry, but the color doesn't change that much. Also I experienced that Celebrity Skin takes about 2 minutes to fully dry on my lips.
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Celebrity Skin
So would I recommend the Velour Liquid Lipsticks? Yes, I would but I still prefer the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. If you're looking for very unique shades, then Jeffree Star Cosmetics definitely has you covered but you can also find very wearable shades in the lineup as well. The shades I really want to pick up in the future are Androgyny and Gemini, although I really love how unique Dirty Money is.

Have you tried the Velour Liquid Lipsticks? If so, which shades? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment