Review | Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil

A miracle dry oil for hair, body, and face? Sounds too good to be true right? When I saw this I became very skeptical and you can blame that on the usage of the word "miracle." This isn't the first time I've seen dry oil, in fact they are a staple within French skincare lines, but this was the first time I've seen one available in American drugstores. So does this product live up to the hype?

What is a dry oil? Dry oil is an oil that you spray on your skin and is instantly absorbed into your skin. It does not leave a greasy feeling and leaves a lovely scent. What makes dry oil different from let's say 100% vitamin E oil or jojoba oil, is that it's much lighter. I was exposed to a lot of dry oils in France but they seem to be making their way to U.S. drugstores slowly but surely.

I saw the commercial for the Garnier Fructis dry oil while I was watching TV and I went to Target that same week to purchase it. I really loved how affordable this dry oil is. With a price tag of less than $5 for a multipurpose product, this is one of the best deals on the drugstore. This item can be found in the hair section which would make someone nervous, I know it made me slightly nervous because I would never put Argan Oil intended for hair on my face or body but this is very different.

Many people who have oily skin believe that adding oils to your face will cause you to get more oily and that's certainly not the case. Oily skin can still benefit from oils because just like any other skin, oily skin needs to be moisturized and taken care of. I've used the Miracle Dry Oil at night since mid-May and my skin has been loving it. I started using it prior to my graduation and I definitely give this product credit for helping my skin look amazing on graduation day. The only thing I don't like is the list of ingredients. Since I can't even pronounce half of the ingredients I'm rather worried about how many artificial ingredients this particular dry oil has.
As for body usage, this oil is amazing! If you want that sexy sheen on your legs, this will give it to you. I use this day and night on my body and I love how fast it absorbs into the skin. It doesn't feel like I have thick oil on my skin and I find it to be moisturizing. For best results I would recommend applying it right after taking a shower. It may not be as moisturizing as a body butter but it a lot quicker to apply.

Now for hair... I have to be frank with you, I hated it. It made my hair so oily and didn't do much to prevent my hair from frizzing up. I'm scared to try it again with my pixie since I'm certain that it will just make my hair get extremely oily, so I'm just going to stick to using this on my face and body.

I've really enjoyed the Miracle Dry Oil a lot. It has to be one of the most affordable multitasking products out there at the moment. The oil feels a lot more expensive and the spray bottle is great. It sprays a light layer of oil so you don't have to worry about applying too much. This product is ideal for the summer so I highly recommend that you give it a try.

Have you tried this particular dry oil or another one? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment