Review | Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush

Whenever a product claims to be long lasting it naturally makes people become a little skeptical. Can a product really last through a work day? A school day? Through blotting multiple times a day? For those looking for an answer to the disappearing blush act, you might want to consider giving the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush ($26) a try.


I know, I know... Spending $26 for a mere blush seems like a lot but consider the fact that blush is one of those products that will last you years. If the blush is very pigmented you'll find yourself using a light hand, which means that you'll have it in your collection for the long run. I purchased the blush during Tarte's Friends and Family sale a couple months ago and I haven't looked back since. In fact I blame that impulse purchase for getting me hooked on Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes.

Here's why I love the blush so much. First of all this blush is completely matte which automatically makes it flattering for those with oily skin. Shimmer and glitter on your cheeks make an oily skin person look like there's an oil mine on their face, so matte blushes are going to be your bff. Although this is a matte blush, this is not a product that will look dry and cakey on the skin. In fact this has to be one of the softer and most blendable matte blushes I've ever tried. The formula is also very remarkable. It's a pretty damn amazing thing for a blush to withstand excess oil and constant blotting.

Another reason why I love this blush is because the shade is so flattering. I have the blush in the shade Achiote which is a warm pink (almost soft coral) color. Achiote is actually a name of a plant and fruit which has a very dark red shade, I don't know why Tarte choose to name this blush Achiote when it looks more like grapefruit but whatever. This color will probably work best for those with a fair to medium complexion since it is not the darkest shade in the collection. It will provide you with such nice warm flush of color to the cheeks without looking like you just piled on layers and layers of blush. Like I previously mentioned, these blushes are very pigmented so its best to use a light hand when applying them.

Tarte also did a great job on the packaging. Not only does the packaging reflect the color of the blush, but for those who rather have all their blushes in a palette you can easily take out the pan and pop it in a palette. If you don't want to take the blush out of the original packaging, the blush does come with a pretty nice sized mirror and isn't too heavy, so you could easily take it with you when you travel.

Overall I can't say more great things about this blush. I'm a Tarte blush convert! If you've been struggling with blush fading mid-way through your day then I suggest you try a Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush. There are so many colors and textures to tickle your fancy. 

Have you tried a Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush? If so which shade should I have in my wish list? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment