Face of the Day | Cool for Fall

According to the makeup rules set by who knows who, you wear dark makeup in the fall and colorful makeup in the spring and summer. Well I'm not one that likes following the rules when it comes to expressing yourself, so if I want to wear coral lips in the fall then I can do just that. I also felt like look played up the purple and coral hues in my top by Roots Canada which features some beautiful Canadian scenery during sunset.  The look also incorporates some of the new drugstore products that I've picked up the past week.


I've found it interesting that a lot of the new fall displays and collections at the drugstore have been carrying some lighter shades that would normally be associated with spring and summer. The new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms had a lot of light pink shades in the collection just like Maybelline's new lip products. A lot of the eyeshadows I've been seeing as well have been relatively light too. Maybe makeup companies focusing more on the finish of the product rather than the color? I know matte anything seems to be far more popular in the fall than hotter months. Whatever the reason may be I actually do like wearing some light makeup in fall. I feel like it's a nice contrast to the chilly weather, plus it always makes me rather happy to wear some playful colors on my face.

Face
Since my skin is currently looking rather well I decided to apply a very thin layer of the Neutrogrena Shine Control makeup in Classic Ivory* with a damp beauty blender knockoff sponge. I made sure it was well diffused because I really didn't want a full coverage look. I then used the Flower Secret Service Cover-Up in CU1 on the acne-marks I currently have as well as around my nose where I get redness. Under my eyes I used my handy dandy Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Fair to really brighten that area. To set everything I used my favorite powder, the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder*. For my cheeks I used an old Cargo blush in Polyesia which is a light dusty pink with gold shimmer.

Eyes
The eye look literally took like a minute each eye, it was super quick and easy. On the lid I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in 35 Cool Crush which is an icy blue shade with iridescent pink shimmer. Below my eyebrow I drew a thin line with the Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in 04 Continuous Almond and blended it out with my finger. I then used the Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in 04 Purple Fix to line my eyes and Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 004 Taupe on the waterline. For the brows I used my favorite eyebrow pencil, the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown, to lightly fill in the gaps. And finally I used the Avon Super Shock Max Waterproof Mascara on my top and bottom lashes.

Lips
When I saw the new Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm display at CVS I knew I had to pick up at least one. I did see some deeper shades which I wanted but when I saw this light coral shade it immediately made me think of a Illamasqua lipstick I own so I had pick up that color instead. I applied about two layers of the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 235 Mischievous on my lips. I found that this color didn't go on as smooth and even looked a little chalky upon application, so it is incredibly important to exfoliate and moisturize your lips prior to applying this. Other than that I really love the color and I think that the photograph really doesn't do it justice.

I hope you liked this non-conventional fall look. Let me know in the comments below if you normally stick to makeup trends or if you like to do your own thing.

No comments :

Post a Comment