Wish List #3: Tutti Frutti

Tutti Frutti
In Italian tutti frutti means "all fruit" but everyone knows it better as the infectious Little Richard song. As you may know by now, I have a severe case of tangerine fever and the only prescription for that is a healthy dose of tangerine colored lip products and nail polish. Apart from tangerine, I'm also loving muted peach and rich pomegranate shades. In my latest wish list I'm going to show you some fruity inspired beauty products that I've been craving for recently.


Wish List- Tangerine
Within the many shades of orange lies a vibrant shade of reddish orange known as tangerine. This shade is definitely a fun one to incorporate into your beauty routine as I have in the past few weeks. Since I seem to be in a full-fledged love affair with this shade it only made sense to put it first on my wish list.

1. Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Coral Oasis, $22- I've never tried a Josie Maran product but this one looks very interesting. It is a buildable and long-lasting blush infused with coconut water and argan oil. This blush is supposed to just melt into your skin and give you a very natural look.
2. Make Up Forever Aqua Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in Bright Orange 17C, $19- These lipliners are supposed to be one of the best ones on the market due to the fact that they're creamy, waterproof, and very long-wearing. I've tried their waterproof eyeliner and loved it so I would imagine that I would love the lipliner just as much.
3. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Riviera, $28- I've heard a lot of bloggers say that this is the high-end version of the Rimmel Show Off Lips which I love. These liquid lipsticks are super pigmented and are completely matte which is my favorite type of lip color to rock. Riviera looks like an amazing color that would look amazing during the summer when paired with a minimal makeup look.
4. Formula X for Sephora Nail Polish in Kelvin, $10.50- Formula X polishes are the biggest thing at the moment. Supposedly the color is extremely opaque, shiny, and long lasting which makes me want to really get one really soon. They have a variety of shades and nail polish textures in the line, but this one in Kelvin is just too hot to handle. With a color like that expect people to be stopping you to ask for what nail polish you're wearing.

Wish List- Peach
I like to think of that the color peach is like tangerine's shy cousin who enjoys a calm day at an art museum. Peach can be described as a yellowish pink or light orange. It is definitely a muted color that looks amazing on fair complexions because it adds just the right amount of warmth. If you're too scared to go for something as bright as tangerine, then maybe peach shades might be for you.

1. Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Lover, $26- I am a huge fan of the Illamasqua Powder Blushers and have been for the past 2 years. I own two of their matte blushes and they are one of the best blushes for oily skin. They stay put on the skin, blend like a dream, and are incredibly pigmented. I own Excite which is the vibrant version of Lover, but Lover just looks like a great color to have in your collection for everyday use.
2. Nars Lipstick in Barbarella, $26- When I saw this online I was like "oh my god!" This color just stood out from other peach colored lipsticks. I've never tried a Nars product but I'm looking forward to trying out Nars this year. This shade in Barbarella is supposed to be a sheer peach color so if you were scared by the bullet then you have nothing to be scared about. I'm definitely going to have to go to swatch this color next time I'm at Sephora.
3. Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc Lip Gel in 104 Dizzy Spell, $30- Believe it or not I don't own a luxe lipstick in my collection. I pretty much love everything that Marc Jacobs does from perfumes to shoes. I just love his fresh take on classic looks and how he makes women look hip but beautiful. So for that reason I would love to have one of his lipsticks be my first luxe lipstick purchase. Just the minimal but elegant packaging alone is enough to make me purchase a $30 lipstick.
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, $45- These are the much raved about products in the blogging world. They're supposed to be the makeup equivalent of photo filters since each shade is supposed to offer different skin enhancing properties. This one in Dim Light is a muted pale peach color which is supposed to balance your skin tone and blur imperfections. I'm just very intrigued by the concept of these powders and kind of skeptical about them at the same time. Hopefully there will be another palette in the near future so I can justify spending that much money on a powder.

Wish List- Pomegranate
Pomegranate is a difficult color to describe since it all depends on the stage of the fruit. When ripe the fruit is a red hue with a hint of pink. As the fruit begins to dry it the color starts to turn into a deep plum shade. In this set I tried to include both stages of a pomegranate because they're both shades that appeal to me.

1. Bite High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate, $24- I recently heard about Bite on YouTube and really loved how they looked on blogger Chelsea Wears so now I want a Bite product myself. These lip pencils are supposed to be long lasting and completely matte. One thing I might not like about this is the constant sharpening, but I'm sure I won't mind sharpening if I have a gorgeous red shade like Pomegranate.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in True Love, $26- I am in love with Tarte blushes because just like the Illamasqua ones, these just last so long on my oily skin. The Tarte matte blushes are extremely pigmented, blend easily, and are extremely long lasting just like the Illamasqua ones. When I saw this shade which is a reddish pink, I just immediately thought of the naturally rosy cheeks one gets when they've been out in the cold for too long.
3. Lancôme Vernis in Love Brilliance Gloss Polish in Rouge in Love, $15- This color just screams summer for me. It looks like a fun version of red because of that slight pink hue that it has. Another reason why this polish also made my wish list is because it has a nearly perfect score on Sephora! I know, crazy! I definitely need to check out what the fuss is all about and splurge on one of these one day. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to get one at an outlet for a reduced price.
4. Stila Lip & Cheek Stain in Pomegranate Crush, $24- This is supposed to be a lightweight and multitasking product that reacts to your pH levels to create the perfect shade. I'm all for multitasking products so this looks like an amazing product to take when traveling, or on days that you don't want to fuss with a lipstick.

What is your favorite set? Let me know in the comments below, I'm curious to see who's also craving some fruity colors even though it is technically still winter.

No comments :

Post a Comment