Face of the Day | The Bare Minimum

As much as I love makeup there's just days that I feel a little too lazy to do something intricate. Whether you have to go to school, run errands, or have the perfect opportunity to film a video- sometimes you just have to put your laziness aside and slap some makeup on. Today was one of those days that I felt like doing the bare minimum on my face in order to film a video because my house was completely quiet. This look requires little time, your fingers, and a bright lip to liven up your face.


FACE 
I'm currently on a "I need to use up some foundations" phase because I just have so many that I want to try. I bought the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector in Light back when I was in Paris but unfortunately find it a bit too thick for a warmer climate. I recently found the best way to use a thick BB cream while not looking like an oily mess- mix it with either foundation or a primer! That's what I've been doing lately and it has been working so well for me. I just apply the BB cream on the back of my hand and then mix it with a bit of the Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in Opal 15 and the Neutrogena Shine Control Primer*. I apply the BB cream mixture with my fingers, then apply some of the Flower Secret Service Cover-Up in CU1 wherever I have blemishes. For the undereye area I just used my trusty Maybelline Eraser Dark Circles in Light. Before I applied powder I applied a bit of a cream blush with my fingers. I've been using the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in Apricot Glow so much lately because it adds a bit of color to my face and it's so easy to use. Finally I set everything with my favorite powder, the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder.

EYES
For the eyes I went incredibly simple and only used four things. I first filled in my eyebrows with the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown. On the lids I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint in Rich Russet and then put the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Taupe on the waterline. And finally since I can't really rely on the Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara I've been mostly using it on days that I have to film videos.

LIPS
All I did was reach for my favorite red lipstick at the moment which is the Yves Rocher lipstick in Prussian Red (R312).

And that's pretty much it for this very simple face of the day! What products do you reach for when you're lazy or in a hurry? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment