Nails of the Day | Choconails

Brown has never been a color that I've liked wearing. I remember one of my high school friends used to wear nothing but brown clothing, it was a little odd but she pulled it off well. I've always preferred darker colors like navy blue and black opposed to brown because they make my already pale complexion look even paler. When it comes to clothing I still stay away from brown items, but I like brown a lot when it comes to beauty products and accessories. I have a wide collection of neutral brown eyeshadows but I don't have too many brown nail polishes. Something about this milk chocolate color really caught my eye when I first saw it. I'm not a chocolate lover at all but I personally love rocking what I like to call choconails.



As expected this polish went on super well and was completely opaque with two coats. One thing I did notice about this specific color is that it chipped relatively quickly. By the second day I had some chipping going on and by the 3rd day I already have my index finger completely chipped off. I also don't really agree with the name of this color, I find that this brown is a little too warm to be considered a taupe. When I think of taupe shades I think of cooler brown shades that look almost a bit purple and this certainly doesn't look like that. Other than that I found out that this came out in the 2011 Touring America Collection so this one is pretty old but you can still find it on eBay and Amazon.
What do you think about brown nail polish? Do you like it or do you hate it? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment