Face of the Day | Pink and Lilac

face of the day
You all know by now that I'm a neutral type of girl but lately I've been really loving really feminine colors like lilac and dare I say... pink. While I'm still not a fan of pink clothing, I have definitely been loving pink blushes and lip products. I know, pinks and lilacs for spring? Groundbreaking. For me this is a departure from my taupe comfort zone and I can't wait to start playing more with color, even if I opt for sheer formulas.


face of the day pink and lilac
FACE
I've been using the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) method on my face lately because I hate having a face full of product when it's hot outside. I'm still in my "I need to use up some foundations" phase and now I'm trying to use up the Wet n Wild Intuitive Blend Foundation + Primer in Fair (review). To conceal under my eyes I used the L'Oréal Visible Lift CC Eye Concealer in Light (review). Then I powdered a bit with the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder (review). For blush I've been in love with the Physicians Formula Nude Wear Blush in Natural because it gives me a very natural flush.
Almay Intense i-Color
 EYES
Almay is quickly becoming one of my favorite drugstore brands because of how natural their products look. I picked up the Almay Intense i-Color Smoky-i Kit for Browns after I saw Estée from Essiebutton rave about it in this blog post. The color combination is just gorgeous and that lilac shade is just beautiful! I used the lilac shade on my lids, the bronze in the crease, and the light champagne shade under my brown and in the inner corner. To top it off I also used the Almay Intense i-Color Liquid Eyeliner in Purple Amethyst for Brown Eyes which is a great alternative to my standard black liquid eyeliner. Finally I used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Taupe in the waterline, the Avon Super Extend Extreme Mascara, and the Naked Basics palette to fill in my eyebrows.
Maybelline Color Elixir Radiant Raspberry
LIPS
I picked up this new Color Elixir last week when I saw the Bleached Neons display. If you can get your hands on the Maybelline Color Elixir in Radiant Raspberry then I highly recommend it! It kind of reminds me of a melted down Plumful.
Maybelline Color Elixir Radiant Raspberry
That's it for this very simple but feminine face of the day! I might be picking some more Almay palettes soon after my great experience with this one.

Are there eyeshadow colors that you don't feel comfortable wearing? Let me know in the comments below. I know I find pinks and very icy shades very hard to work with.

No comments :

Post a Comment