Review | Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara
A few weeks ago you saw me use this mascara in my Alexa Chung tutorial and today I'll be reviewing it for you. Whenever I review mascaras I like to test them out over a few weeks because more often than not I start liking mascaras once they begin to dry up. The Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara is Rimmel's latest mascara and boy are they promoting it! I've seen everything from the TV ads to the print ads. It' just one of those things that you can't really escape. While I love Rimmel products, I can safely say that mascaras are not their forte.


Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara review
Rimmel claims that this mascara is going to give you a big and wide-eyed false lash look. It also has a very unique hour-glass brush which is meant for fanning the lashes out. The mascara is also supposed to give you the false lash look in one clump-free coat. I have to say that the mascara really doesn't live up to the claims.

I don't find this mascara is a terrible one but it does the opposite of what it claims to do. I find that this mascara gives my lashes a very natural look, to the point that it looks like I barely have any mascara on. The Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara makes my lashes barely show up when I film videos or take pictures. I do find that the brush does fan the lashes out like they claim, but the outcome is a very natural look.

I bought the waterproof formula because that's what I normally go for, and I can say that there's really nothing wrong with the formula. It runs on the wet side, so if you like dry formulas then you'll have to wait for it to dry up. It doesn't smudge, flake, or dissolve with water. What I did notice is that with excessive heat (93°F/34°C) the formula gets lighter in color.

Overall I wasn't very impressed with this mascara but like I said this isn't the worst mascara that I've tried. If you want something that will give you natural definition then this is your mascara, if you like big volume like myself then just go for something else.

The Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara retails for $6 and can be found at any drugstore, Target, Walmart and Ulta.
Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara review
Before and after mascara. As you can see the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara gives my lashes a very natural and defined look. The lower lashes look very defined, there are no huge clumps, and my lashes look much darker. It's not results that I try to achieve but I know there are people that don't want a false-lash look.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara
The first picture is right after I applied mascara and the second one is 4 hours later. As you can see here are no smudges or flaking. The only things I notice during the day is the mascara getting a little lighter and the lashes losing their curl.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara review
I hope you enjoyed my latest review. Don't forget to vote on the new blog poll located on the right column of the blog above the Instagram widget.

Have you tried this mascara? If so let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment