Unsung Heroes at the Drugstore

Unsung Heroes at the Drugstore
We all know that there's some great products sold at the drugstore. While some products get a lot of rave reviews, there's some amazing products that not too many people talk about. Today I'm going to be sharing with you some of my favorite products that I haven't heard too much about. If you're looking for some new items to try from the drugstore then just keep reading.


Unsung Heroes at the Drugstore
L'Oréal Visible Lift CC Eye Concealer, $9.99
This is one of my all-time favorite concealers. I love the very light consistency and how easy it blends out. It looks great under your eyes and in areas where you have any darkness. I also love wearing this all over my face when I don't want to use a foundation. This little tube actually has a lot of product in it! I got this back in February and it's still going strong which is kind of hard to believe since I use it very often. This concealer is an all-around winner in my book. (Full review)

Neutrogena Shine Control Powder, $12.99
I went from using more expensive powders to using this magical powder. The reason why I call this magical is because it just adds a perfecting veil on your face. It never makes your face look powdery and it does a great job of controlling your oil. I find that this just does it job well and makes any foundation look even better. It is pricey for drugstore standards but in my opinion this is worth the $13 that you're paying. I can honestly say that I prefer the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder over the MAC Blot Powder. (Full review)

Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush in Brunettes, $11.99
Physicians Formula has a lot of great blushes but I've never heard anything about this particular one. I think the whole premise of this blush is kind of a gimmick but the product itself is amazing. The whole concept is that there's a shade for blondes (light pink) and a shade for brunettes (a hot pink). Does it enhance my hair color? Not really, but the color is gorgeous! It blends out out effortlessly and has great color pigmentation. It does have shimmer which means that you won't need a highlighter. The color isn't obnoxious so if you're looking for something bright that will blend out easily, then this is the blush for you.
Unsung Heroes at the Drugstore
E.l.f. Eyelid Primer, $1
I just spoke about this on my haul and let me tell you that this $1 product is fantastic! I honestly refused to believe that something this cheap could work as great as a Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay Primer Potion but it does. My eyeshadow doesn't crease or budge, and the eyeshadows just look more vibrant. If you try this and love it then you might be in disbelief as well, but if you don't like it then you just spend $1 so it's not a big deal.

Jordana 12HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond, $3.99
This is one of the best eyeshadow pencils I've tried and the best thing is that this is MATTE! A matte eyeshadow pencil at the drugstore is hard to find but Jordana just does it so well. This shade is definitely my favorite because it provides a nice canvas for any look and it doesn't crease! Once this eyeshadow sets it doesn't go anywhere until it's removed. If you love bright colors then use this and it'll make any bright colored eyeshadow look even brighter. (Full review)

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD 5-Colour Eye Shadow in Brick Lane, $4.47
This is just such a nifty little palette. It has 5 neutral shades ranging from a bronze color to a light champagne shade. I've been using it a lot because I can create pretty much any look with this. I can do a very natural look or something a bit more smokey with the darker shades. My favorite eyeshadow from this palette is the light taupe shade because it just applies like butter!

E.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara, $1
By this point you're all like "we get it, you really like this product." This just does what a brow gel is supposed to do! It never leaves my brows feeling crusty or little white bits in them. It doesn't matter if I use a pencil or powder to fill in my brows because this just sets them in place all day long. I love that it is double sided because I feel like it lasts a very long time. The only con is that it does look dirty pretty quick but that's the nature of clear mascaras.

Milani Brow & Eye Highlighters, $6.49
I never thought that I needed to add an extra step to my brow routine until I found this. I gravitated to this product because it reminded me of something very similar by Benefit. This is meant to highlight your brows and make them look more defined. The matte color just glides on and blends out effortlessly. I love using this on my browbone to define the arch and I also use it in between my brows to highlight there. The shimmery end works great for the inner corner of the eye.
Unsung Heroes at the Drugstore
Wet n Wild Magaslicks Balm Stain Moisturizing Lip Colour, $2.99
This is one of my favorite low maintenance colors! The product feels very comfortable on your lips and it does a great job of staining them. I think this would be the perfect lip product if you are going to attend any theme park, music festival, or other summer festivity. If you're looking for a more pigmented version of the Baby Lips then this is it. The color I own is Lady and the Vamp which is a nice berry shade.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick, $3.49
If you're looking for a comfortable lipstick then this is it! Like the name says, this lipstick is very moisturizing and it does have a nice amount of sheen to it. The lipstick applies very evenly and the color is opaque. Overall this is a very easy lipstick to work with and the color selection is great! The color I own is Berry Rose which is a very vibrant rose color with shimmer.

E.l.f. Matte Lip Color, $3
This is a very comfortable lipstick that comes in a very small package. It is very easy to apply and you can be very precise with it almost like a lip liner. The lipstick has a semi-matte finish so if you were worried about this making your lips dry then you have nothing to worry about. Rich Rude is one of my favorite red lipsticks because it's so bright and eye catching (see it here). The other color I own is Praline which is a very 90's mauve shade.

Milani Color Statement Lipstick, $5.49
The Milani Color Statement Lipsticks perform just as well as any high end lipstick. They come in a variety of colors and finishes just like high end lipsticks. The cream lipsticks feel a lot like the MAC Amplified formula, so if you're into that then there's a much cheaper alternative. The lipsticks come in a: matte, metallic, vinyl, shimmer, pearl, and cream finish. The colors are very opaque and feel very comfortable on the lips. The one I have is Flamingo Pose which is a very bright coral shade.

What are some of your favorite unsung heroes? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment