Review | Sally Hansen Colorfast Tint + Moisture Balm

Everyone knows that Sally Hansen makes great nail polishes but did you know that they also do makeup? It seems like a couple of people didn't know that on my last haul but they did used to have a full line of makeup. The makeup line isn't as big as Maybelline or L'Oréal but it did have everything from face to lip products which have now been scaled down to nail, lip, and leg products. Despite knowing about the Sally Hansen makeup products and seeing it for years on What Not to Wear I had never tried a single product until I found the Colorfast balm on clearance. I figured you can't go wrong with a lip product.



Chubby stick, lip crayons, chubby lip pencils- whatever you want to call them, these are giant pencil like lip products that often moisturize and provide a nice stain to the lips. This unlike many of chubby lip pencils out on the market, this is not a stain. It meant to add a tint to the lips while keeping them moisturized. The container pretty much feels the same as the other chubby lip pencils that I currently own. It comes in a nice and sturdy packaging that mimics the color of the actual product. This makes it so easy to just pick a shade because the color you'll get on the bullet is bit more sheer than the one on the packaging.

You all know that I'm a sucker for berry and deeper shades but when I saw 40 Health Nut I knew I had to pick it up (it was also on clearance which was a bonus). This is the first earthy lip shade I have in my collection and surprisingly it works well with my fair complexion. It doesn't look like you just smeared chocolate on your lips. My lips just look a like they have a hint of a mocha tint to them, but it is definitely nothing obnoxious. In fact if you look at my haul, you'll see what a flattering shade it is. 

As for the consistency of this product, it is a balm so the product is highly moisturizing but not to the point that it makes your lips feel slippery or sticky. There's nothing worse than a sticky lip product. This will leave your lips feeling moisturized until the product comes off. Since this is not a balm stain, it will come off pretty easily when you eat or drink something. I personally don't mind that because I always like to touch up after eating but if you're one that doesn't like the fuss of applying lip products often then you might just want to opt for a stain instead. I honestly think that this product is very comparable to a regular tinted lip balm. The Colorfast Tint + Moisture Balm gives your lips moisture and a hint of color just like any tinted lip balm, but it comes in a more convenient and precise packaging. 
So next time you go to the drugstore think about giving a Sally Hansen makeup product a shot! If you're a fan of tinted lip balms then I'm sure you will love the Sally Hansen Colorfast Tint + Moisture Balms. They are a great moisturizing product with a good color payoff. I already have my eyes on Reddy for Anything and Blackberry Honey since I loved Health Nut so much. 

Other than nail polishes, what Sally Hansen products have you tried? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment