Review | Lip Monthly

Lip Monthly Review
By now I should just introduce myself as Laura "I buy too many lip products" Neuzeth. I was so happy when I heard that someone thought of doing a subscription box for lip product junkies like myself but this particular service has been receiving a lot of mixed reviews. I went to their website to find out more about them and was instantly greeted by red flags, then went to YouTube to look for reviews and found a lot of mixed thoughts about Lip Monthly. Despite the reviews I decided to pick up a box for me to review and let you know if this monthly subscription service is worth checking out or not.


Lip Monthly Review
One of the images that you will see when going to the Lip Monthly website is this one with five lip products. It seems like there is a Clinique Chubby Stick, a Sephora gloss, an NYC stain, and a MAC lipstick. If this is their "preview" picture then the customer is going to expect to receive products from the high-end brands that they advertise but unfortunately that's not the case. MAC is not known to make sample products and let alone participate in the popular subscription services.

After going to their website I went to YouTube to look for reviews about Lip Monthly in order to get a better understanding about their service. As I mentioned before I was greeted by mixed reviews about the box all which included claims of discontinued products and bad customer service. In one of the reviews I noticed that they sent a product from Mary-Kate and Ashley's makeup line which was previously sold at Walmart but hasn't been in the market in over 5 years. I don't know about you but I personally wouldn't want to be using something that hasn't been sold for that long. You don't know how the product was stored, where they got it from, or if it has been expired.

If you would like more information about Lip Monthly and their dishonest practices then you can read/watch the following reviews.
- Lip Monthly June 2014 Box
- July 2014 Lip Monthly *My last month, I have canceled this subscription*
- Lip Monthly Unboxing (read the comment section)
- Lip Monthly Discussion Thread
Products Received
- City Color Cosmetics Lip Balm in Mauve, $2.99 (Price not listed in the Lip Monthly info sheet)
- City Color Cosmetics Lip Lush in Plum, $2.99 (Price not listed and when watching other videos I saw that other people had a brand new Lip Lush with the plastic seal still on the product)
- Revlon Color Burst Lip Gloss in Sunbaked, $6.99
- Appeal Cosmetics Lipstick in Red Light District, $22 (Is it just me or does this $3.99 City Color lipstick look exactly the same as the Appeal Cosmetics one? Also this color was not listed on their website on Tuesday 7/15, it seems like they added the lipstick as sold out on Wednesday 7/16).
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme (Most sample products have don't have a barcode because they're not meant for resale but this does which leads me to believe that the product was bought by Lip Monthly without John Frieda's consent).
UPDATE: Look at what I found on eBay, it's John Frieda products!

I personally cannot recommend Lip Monthly whatsoever. I know the company is in their beginning stages but in this day and age you can't get away with sending old products or having terrible customer service. For $10 I would rather go for a more established beauty subscription service than continue to take a gamble with Lip Monthly. I truly hope they can improve their service in the future, but for the meantime I won't be subscribing unless I see some dramatic changes.

Have you tried Lip Monthly? If so, let me know in the comments. If you haven't tried it, would you give Lip Monthly a try?

No comments :

Post a Comment