Match + Wella “Love is in the Hair”

Match + Wella “Love is in the Hair”
Getting ready for a first date can be tough! If you're anything like me then you're indecisive and don't know how you want to present yourself to a potential significant other. I feel confident in the makeup departments because I feel like my everyday neutral eye and muted rose lipstick would be perfect for a first date. As for my outfit, I would most likely take forever to pick out something but I would settle for something that look dressy and feels comfortable. Now hair is a whole different ballgame. I am horrible at styling my hair, hence why I embrace my crazy natural hair. If I were to show up at a first date with my wild hair I would feel like I'm giving off the wrong impression though. Would the other person think that I didn't care? Well Match.com and Wella have partnered up to help girls such as myself. Together they've organized fun mixers across the country which allow women to achieve the perfect first date-ready hair.


Match + Wella “Love is in the Hair”
The Love is in the Hair event that I attended in San Diego was held at Huxley Salon, a very modern and minimalist salon. The event was filled with stunning women and some of them were getting ready for actual first-dates! How exciting! Now you know that I have a boyfriend, so I didn't do the second portion of the event but I know there's some single girls out there that would love to know what this event is all about. I also have to mention that there were drinks, food, and a rather impressive cheese and cured meat selection (the French language graduate in me was very pleased).

At the salon I was paired with a stylist who was ready to give me the perfect first date hairstyle. She suggested a few hairstyles but I wanted something different, something that would make me stand out from the crowd. I cannot French braid my hair to save my life, so I went with that option as my "first date" hairstyle. Let me just say that I wish I could have this hairstyle in all summer long! I loved the way it looked and it felt so comfortable. I did everything possible to make this hairstyle last all weekend long, that's how much I loved it.
Match + Wella “Love is in the Hair”
Match.com and Wella's partnership resulted in these amazing mixer events that have been held across the country and also a rather interesting survey about hair. I was sent an infographic of the results and some of the answers were surprising to say the least. According to the survey that they conducted, blondes have more long-term relationships then redheads, brunettes, and women with black hair. It also seems that my fellow brunettes go more first dates than women with other hair colors. The survey also revealed that nearly half of the single men who participated find women with curly or wavy hair to be sexy and irresistible. They find my hair sexy and irresistible? Now that's cool for us curly haired girls! And last but not least, if you have straight hair then some men might think that you're wife-worthy. *wink wink*
Match + Wella “Love is in the Hair”
As previously mentioned, I didn't partake in the dating portion of the event but that doesn't mean that I didn't have fun afterwards. My first date French up do turned into a pretty girls night out hair! My blogger friends, Alessandra and Jasmin, were also at the Match.com and Wella event armed with their vlogging cameras. And like all good bloggers/YouTubers, we did a whole lot of picture taking and social media updating at the event.
Match + Wella “Love is in the Hair”
I had so much fun at the Match.com and Wella event, but what made it more special was talking to ordinary women who were actually getting ready for their first date. My friends and I spoke to a school teacher who was quite nervous about heading out to the happy hour portion of the event. She looked beautiful with her effortless tousled waves, but she was second guessing herself about putting herself out there. We basically gave her a little pep talk, which was rather successful because she happily left the salon to head over to the bar. Having that interaction with her really put things into perspective for me. This event is not only about giving women the a hair do, it's about giving people a small confidence boost in order to put themselves out there in the dating world. The way the woman looked and felt about herself that evening goes to show how powerful a simple hairstyle can be.
Match + Wella “Love is in the Hair”
I have to thank the folks at Match.com and Wella for inviting me to the event. I not only had a blast there, but I also enjoyed having the opportunity to experience this so I could let my single gals know about it. I would love for you to experience one of their mixers in the near future, so keep checking the Match.com blog for upcoming events and contests. I also have to give a shoutout to Huxley Salon and their incredible team for giving everyone beautiful hair do's.

As you can probably imagine, all the hair products that were used at this event were from Wella. I was fortunate enough to receive a little red pouch with a few of their products. Inside the pouch you will be able to find a travel-sized shampoo and conditioner from their Brilliance range which is intended for fine to normal colored hair. There's also a sample of the Luxe Oil Reconstructive Elixir which has a luxurious blend of argan, almond, and jojoba oil. As a way to thank you for your continued support, I want to give one of you the chance to try out these products. The giveaway is open to all my readers based in the U.S. until July 15th at 12:00AM (PST). The winner will be announced on Facebook and Twitter on July 16th. I will also be contacting the winners directly through their email, so make sure you're using the correct email address. To enter you must be following me on Bloglovin' and answer the question of the day in the comments. You can also earn more entries if you really want to win.
What hairstyle would you wear on a first date? Let me know in the comments below.

Disclaimer: I was invited to attend this event and received gifts thanks to Wella. I am not being paid for this blog post, nor was I required to do a giveaway. Pictures were taken by the professional photographer at the event and by Alessandra.

No comments :

Post a Comment