Uncommon Jewelry Finds for the Everyday Person

UncommonGoods Jewelry
Over the course of my blog I've documented my love for small businesses and handmade goods. I quickly developed a passion for handmade goods after working at a local small business that provided a platform for local artists, designers, and aspiring entrepreneurs to sell their work. And that's exactly why this post is very special to me. I've teamed up with UncommonGoods to bring you two very different but sustainable outfit options incorporating handmade jewelry. This company celebrates individuality, sustainability, and dreamers. They've also made it incredibly easy to find beautiful and one of a kind handmade gifts for any person.


UncommonGoods Jewelry
Let me start off by introducing you to the fantastic company that is UncommonGoods. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Brooklyn, New York. UncommonGoods has made it their mission to provide a platform for creative individuals to sell their items and live out their dreams.
Like I previously mentioned, I've been supporting small independent jewelry designers for a few years now. I'm much more interested in wearing and building a collection of high quality jewelry pieces than buying an excess amount of costume jewelry that will ultimately make my skin green and will only benefit a big corporation. There's something really nice about wearing something that someone made by hand and has a story to be told. And something that really impressed me is that most of the items sold on UncommonGoods are made right here in the U.S. which is absolutely incredible.

Apart from providing a platform for artists and designers to sell their items, UncommonGoods is also a certified B Corporation. And what exactly is a B Corporation? B Corps are businesses that provide a positive impact on their community, employees, and the environment. These businesses also are known and praised for their transparency, which means that they have a much better connection and relationship with their customers.
Sustainable Outfits
Sustainable Outfits
Sustainable Outfits
Sustainable Outfits
Semi-Casual Spring
This is an outfit that I would wear to work at an office (minus the sandals, of course). I could also see myself wearing something like this to a blogger event or family gathering because it's put together, yet very comfortable. The blazer is perhaps my favorite thrift find that I've recently added to my capsule wardrobe. It's has a loose silhouette that I'm a big fan of, plus the pale mint green color is something that you don't see often. Another thrift find that has completely stolen my heart are these dark wash skinny jeans, or should I say jeggings. These not only look great but they're also incredibly comfortable, two things that I look for when purchasing clothes. I kept the outfit quite plain so that the gold and pewter earrings and necklace would really shine, both of these pieces can be found here.Sustainable Outfits
Sustainable Outfits
Sustainable Outfits
Sustainable Outfits
Suburban Casual
My second outfit is what I wear on a regular basis in my neighborhood, this is basically my casual uniform. You've seen my thrifted mom jeans on my blog before, and you know what? I'm still loving them! This geometric blouse is my most recent recent thrift find which I picked up only a few days ago. I usually shy away from loud prints but this one caught my eye because of how unique it is, plus it's black and white which I personally love. I felt like the geometric print complimented the gold and pewter earrings and necklace very well. Both of them look quite minimal, but are completely one of a kind.
UncommonGoods
The gold and pewter earrings and necklace are designed and made by two stylish women based in Texas. Their company, F is for Frank, has incredible handmade pieces ranging from delicate earrings, to funky statement rings. Don't forget to check out their jewelry and other amazing handmade pieces on this page. You can also find a very nicely curated list by UncommonGoods filled with unique Mother's Day gift ideas right here.

What do you look for when you purchase jewelry? Is it the style? Where it's made? Let me know in the comments below.

Disclaimer: This post is in collaboration with UncommonGoods. The jewelry items were picked by myself, as well as the outfits shown. I want to thank UncommonGoods for gifting me these pieces and letting me style them.

No comments :

Post a Comment