Review | Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo

These days it seems like every company has long lasting eye shadows which can cause one to wonder "which one is worth my money?" Well I've come to the conclusion that price does not always equal the best quality. While I love the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows I just can't bring myself to shell out $20 for each color that I want but luckily there is a cheaper alternative. May I present you the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow!

The Maybelline Color Tattoos run for about $7, but you can often find them on a "buy one get one half off" sale on Ulta or get coupons from your Sunday newspaper. While I don't think these last 24 hours, I do think they are the perfect cream shadows. They are incredibly creamy and once they dry, they will stay put on your eyelids for hours. You have a short amount of time (about 20-30 seconds) to do any blending before the product completely dries and you can't do anything with it. I haven't had any problem with creasing, but then again my eyelids are not very oily. There's a wide array of shades in the collection from shimmery muted shades to loud-in-your face colors, so there's something for everyone. I personally love the Maybelline Color Tattoo because they're so easy to use. This is definitely a lazy girl's go-to eye product. I currently have three shades but I plan to get more in the near future.
Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow in 'Inked in Pink,' $7
This has quickly become my go-to color when I feel too lazy to do anything too complicated. It is a very nice shimmery pink shadow. I never thought I would be a fan of pink shadow until I started using this. I think the fact that its shimmery makes this shadow more wearable for me but whatever it is, I'm in love. The metal line is a lot smaller than the regular line but it also has a champagne color which I'm very curious to try and compare to the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in 'R.S.V.P.'

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in 'Tough as Taupe,' $7
What makes the Color Tattoo line stand out in the drugstore is the fact that there are plenty of finishes. Tough as Taupe is one of the matte shades in the line. It is a very pigmented taupe shade that can be used as an eyeshadow or liner. The matte consistency makes this a little harder to work with but as long as your quick with you application and blending, then you will have nothing to worry about. Sometimes I just apply a very soft layer so it looks as natural as possible on my lids.

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo in 'Icy Mint,' $7
Icy Mint is one of the newer shades available. I'm not sure if its a limited edition color but this was in a separate display at Walmart. This shade is by far the least pigmented of the three. While the other two swatches were done with one swipe of the product, it took me three swipes for me to reach that light mint shade. This shade has very subtle gold shimmer which makes it a very unique shade for a drugstore shadow. Although this is the least pigmented one in my collection, it doesn't mean that I don't love it. I wouldn't want to be walking around with mint eye shadow on my lids everyday so I really like that this shadow can be applied sheer or be build up to a more opaque mint green.

Have you tried the Maybelline Color Tattoos? If so, which shades?

No comments :

Post a Comment