Review | Avène Cleanance Emulsion Lotion

Whenever I use French products (which is daily for me) I just get sad that I can't just go to the French pharmacy or Parashop to browse all the incredible French brands. Ugh, I just miss that so much. I should probably have a drink every time I mention that I miss Paris, because I honestly say that at least once a day. Yeah, it's a little ridiculous but enough of that, today I'm going to be sharing with you one of my favorite products by Avène which is the Cleanance Emulsion Lotion.

A month into my study abroad year, my skin just started breaking out like crazy due to the change in weather and also the bacteria that it was being exposed to on a day-to-day basis on the metro. Before things got worse I decided to hit up my nearest Parashop to see what acne products I could buy since my American skincare products weren't doing the job anymore. Avène was a brand that I was already familiar with because I have been buying Avène sunblock in Mexico for about 5 years. When I headed over to the Avène section the Cleanance line caught my eye because it's formulated for oily and acne prone skin, which is exactly what I have.

This is an very light and oil-free moisturizer. The consistency is very similar to that of the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which was the moisturizer I was using before discovering this one. Avène claims that this moisturizer will regulate the production of excess oil and provide long lasting mattification and I have to say that Avène truly delivers with this product. It is amazing!

What I love about this moisturizer is how light it is. The formula does not feel thick and absorbs very quick into the skin. It also does contribute to the reduction of excess oil. I find that I only have to blot once or twice during the day when I use this with my other oil controlling products, and that's saying a lot because sometimes I can blot up to six times during a day. Also another thing that I love about Avène is that all their products are infused with their famous thermal water which makes every product very soothing and gentle on the skin.

If you have oily skin like mine I would highly recommend trying this moisturizer, it will be a nice addition to your shine-free routine. I know in the U.S. it's very difficult to get a sample but if you're in France (or anywhere else that Avène is readily available) and are considering this product, I would suggest getting a sample to see if you end up loving it as much as I do. This product is around 12 in France and $24 in the U.S.

Have you heard of Avène? If so do you own any Avène products or have you just heard of them by reading blogs? I'm curious to see how many people outside of Western Europe are familiar with French pharmaceutical brands.

No comments :

Post a Comment