Review | Boots Botanics Shine Away Mattifying Toner

I've found my new holy grail toner! This will honestly change your life if you have oily skin and extend the wear of your foundation this summer. And you know what the best thing about this is? This product won't break the bank.


Boots Botanics Shine Away Mattifying Toner ($7.49)
Boots is a brand that I normally just walk past at Target. Sometime I'll swatch their makeup products but when it comes to their skincare I haven't felt inclinced to pick up one of their items until a few weeks ago. I was on the market for a good toner that would control my oil for the summer so I headed to Target. I walked past the skincare aisle but nothing really caught my eye so then I proceeded to the makeup aisles when the newly renovated Boots area caught my eye. I was attracted by the new packaging of their products so I began looking for a toner until I found this one. I have to admit what caught my eye was that there were two solutions. This is one of those toners that you have to shake up every time you use it which is kind of gimmicky, but nevertheless I was intrigued by that.

This toner claims to clarify and absorb excess oil and I'm happy to report that it does exactly what it claims to do. Unlike other toners in the drugstores, this won't leave your skin feeling tight and dehydrated. The natural ingredients and lower percentage of alcohol contribute to leaving your skin feeling a little tight but definitely not stripped down of all the natural oils. The goal of this toner is to control excess oil, not get rid of everything after all. The toner also has willow bark which is known to have salicylic acid. Salicylic acid products are known to remove dull and dead skin cells and also help with acne.

I've been using this toner for about 3 weeks now and it has been working amazing for me. As I previously mentioned, I love that this toner does not leave my skin feeling like its been completely stripped of the natural oil that it produces. Whenever a toner does that my skin just tends to produce even more oil to compensate. Another reason why I enjoy this toner is because it has improved the longevity of my makeup. With constant blotting, whatever makeup products you apply just starts disappearing but since I started using this I've been blotting my face a lot less.

Overall this product is a must for people who have really oily skin like myself. The price is amazing especially when compared to a very similar product by Kiehl's which is $19 a bottle.

No comments :

Post a Comment