August 2013 Playlist


Although I love indie rock and alternative music, I still have a soft spot for pop music. I can't help it, I just love a catchy song with a great hook. Despite my love with the upbeat music genre, I have to say that I'm disappointed with the state of mainstream pop music today. I mean I can enjoy a Katy Perry song but don't even get me started on the Biebz, Lady Gaga, or "twerk queen" Miley Cyrus. I feel like artists are just letting their team of producers and songwriters dictate their career and the end product just sounds like something another pop artist released a couple months ago. I see a lack of creativity and originality in today's pop music.

This month's playlist features some of the most underrated pop acts of today. These are the singers and bands that are creating interesting pop music and writing lyrics that push the envelope. You won't be hearing "baby baby baby ohhhhhh" in these songs, instead you might hear about powerful women, open relationships, and the modern-day Renaissance girls. I also made sure to have a lot of variety in this playlist. I have artists from Norway, Denmark, Brazil, New Zealand, Chile, Ireland, England, and of course the United States.



What was your favorite track of this month's playlist? Let me know in the comments below. Feel free to share your favorite pop artists the the comments as well.

Happy listening everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment