Review | Benefit Gimme Brow vs. Essence Make Me Brow

Benefit Gimme Brow vs. Essence Make Me Brow
I know everyone and their mothers loves Benefit, but in the past I've been very underwhelmed by their gimmicky products in cute packaging. Despite that I was still excited to test out the cult favorite Gimme Brow after hearing so much about it on YouTube over the years. Recently Benefit relaunched all of their brow products, so now all the products come in art deco inspired chrome packaging which is really eye catching. After I received the Benefit Gimme Brow in my May Birchbox I got so many requests to review it and compare it to my favorite drugstore brow product, the Essence Make Me Brow. Both of these products have a very similar name, formula, and even the packaging is reminiscent of the old Gimme Brow packaging. So I put these two brow products to the test for a few days and I'll be letting you know whether it's better to splurge or save your money.


Here's my review of the Benefit Gimme Brow with a quick comparison to the Essence Make Me Brow.

Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
Price: $24
Size: 0.1 oz
Formula: Fiber gel
Shades: 01 light, 03 medium, and 05 deep

Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara
Price: $2.99
Size: 0.12 oz
Formula: Fiber gel
Shades: Brondy Brows and Browny Brows
Benefit Gimme Brow vs. Essence Make Me Brow
I know my brows are naturally bushy, but I do like using a brow gel to lightly tint them and also to set them in place. And although the Benefit Gimme Brow is slightly darker than the Essence Make Me Brow, you really can't tell much once I apply both products since my brows are practically black.

What do you guys think? Would you save your money or splurge on the more expensive brow gel? Let me know in the comments below! I will gladly save $20 and buy myself something else with that money.

No comments :

Post a Comment