Review | Almay Liquid Lip Balm

Almay Liquid Lip Balm
As a lip junkie, it's hard for me to walk by the new products in the drugstore without picking at least one thing. In my most recent Target run I became intrigued by the new Almay Liquid Lip Balm, especially after seeing that one of my favorite beauty bloggers, Estée, had bought a couple of these in Canada. I'm not a fan of lip glosses but I think this is the perfect lip gloss-like product for people who typically hate glosses like myself.


I have reached for this product ever since I bought it because it's just one of those perfect colors for days that you feel lazy to apply heavy makeup. It's basically the most moisturizing tinted lip balm in liquid form. Although the packaging and consistency of the product would suggest that it would be much like a lip gloss, it isn't. It is not sticky nor thick like some lip glosses and it is also extremely moisturizing! This will easily take the place of lip gloss and chapstick.

Other reasons why I love this product is the scent. I know some lip glosses overdo the scent, but this one has a very slight vanilla scent. I'm normally not a huge fan of vanilla scented anything because it seems like if it's the standard lip product scent, but in this case I didn't mind it at all. Although this product does have a scent, it does not have a flavor which may be a good thing for those of us that tend to lick off their lip gloss when they taste good (I can't be the only one). I also liked the price quite a bit. $5 is a decent price for a lip product in my opinion.
Almay Liquid Lip Balm
Now for the things I didn't like. You didn't think I would skip this now? One of my biggest complaints about this product was how sheer it goes on. I bought the shade Just Plum Good which is one of the darkest shades and despite it being one of the darker shades in the collection it is barely noticeable on my lips. It goes on ridiculously sheer! If you want to purchase an Almay Liquid Lip Balm I would suggest getting the darker shades because the lighter ones would be pointless in my opinion.

I also didn't find the color to be buildable. If you build it up then you're going to end up looking like you slathered gloss on your lips. Also the light consistency of the gloss makes the product wear off really quickly. I found that I need to be reapplying the product multiple times during the day. And one last thing, for those who have a significant other this product does not have the boyfriend seal of approval. It's very rare for my boyfriend to comment on makeup but on Friday he let me know how much he didn't like the liquid lip balm. He found it way too sticky and gloopy.

Overall I do recommend the Almay Liquid Lip Balm but I would skip the lighter shades all together. They're great products for those days that I want a slight tint on my lips, but they're nothing revolutionary in my opinion.
Almay Liquid Lip Balm
Have you tried the Almay Liquid Lip Balms? If so what do you think of them?

No comments :

Post a Comment