Face of the Day | Tangerine Pout

Yesterday's was my mother's birthday and you know what that means? I got the chance to get a bit dolled up. Currently I've been obsessed with the color orange, specifically juicy tangerine color. I know it may be winter but like I've told you before, we don't get your traditional winter weather here in San Diego so I've been really craving citrus both in my diet, and also my makeup routine. I'm going to be showing you how you can incorporate a tangerine color into your regular makeup routine.


Face
I began the look by applying a thin layer of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 52 Vanille. For any blemishes and darkness around my jaw I used my trusty Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream-Stick in 12 Opal. Under my eyes I used the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Fair and finally to highlight the bridge of my nose I used the Avène Couvrance Concealer Stick in Yellow. To set everything in place I used the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder that I swear by. On the cheeks I kept it simple with a light rosy flush, for that I turn to the Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Chased. I've been really falling back in love with Mac Mineralize Skinfinishes lately and recently hit pan on one! I know, I couldn't believe it either since Mineralize Skinfinishes have a lot of product but it happened. Today I went with the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping but I've been wearing Soft & Gentle a lot this winter.

Eyes
The eye look is the easiest thing ever! I first primed my eyes with Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer (which I don't recommend) and then I grabbed the L'Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush. With a fluffy shader brush I first packed the eyeshadow on my lid and then blended it out towards the crease. All I did after that was apply Wet n Wild Color Icon Single in Brûlée on the brow bone as a highlight. On the waterline I used Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Taupe and then used the E.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black to do a simple winged eyeliner. I then applied one coat of the Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara and move on to my eyebrows. I did my normal everyday eyebrow routine which consists of the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown and the E.l.f. Wet Gloss, so there's nothing new to report in the eyebrow department. 

Lips
On the lips I am using the L'Oréal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lacquer Lip Stain in Coral Tattoo. The color translated to a red shade in the pictures but in person it looks very much like a tangerine color. I remember how obsessed I was with these when they came out last year. I was so obsessed that I literally would drive from store to store to find the shades I wanted because the colors would just fly off the shelf. This product has a very weird texture, not going to lie. It almost feels like you have a gelatinous layer on your lips but the itself color is gorgeous. I also find that it does last pretty well on the lips but this particular shade does not leave a very good stain. I still like the product though and have been using a lot this month.
What do you think of the look? Do you like it? Remember that you can always request me to do a tutorial on any of the "face of the day" looks. There's also a new blog poll on the right column so don't forget to vote. Also the first secret international giveaway ends this week! 

No comments :

Post a Comment