Review | Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint
Here's the latest member of the Scandaleyes family- the Eye Shadow Paint! I remember hearing about these last year thanks to all the British bloggers I follow and ever since then I was eagerly awaiting for the US launch. Well it took longer than expected to get them here and even had my boyfriend taking me from drugstore to drugstore in Orange County for months in order to find them. Finally I was able to find them a month ago 10 minutes from where I live and I've been putting them to the test ever since. So do they live up to the YouTube hype?


Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint
The Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paints are long wearing metallic eyeshadows that come in a lip gloss type packaging. Rimmel claims that the formula is crease-proof, waterproof, and has 8-hour wear.

When I first tried these I wasn't all that impressed because I noticed that there was creasing within the first few hours of wear. For a moment I felt like I was lied to by my fellow bloggers but before I write any review I try the product over and over until I can form a proper opinion about it. Thankfully I didn't give up on the product after my not so great first impression because now I love them!

The Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paints are super pigmented metallic eyeshadows that do not budge once they set. These do dry quite quickly so I recommend doing one eye before you move onto the other. Another tip is to apply a thin layer and using your finger to sheer it out, if you apply a thick layer you'll get creasing like I did. Once the eyeshadow is dry they won't move whatsoever! I've been so impressed at how great they look from the time you apply until you remove the shadow at night. It's not the most waterproof formula though, if you do get your eye wet pat it dry because if you rub it will come off.

Another thing I also enjoyed was the applicator because it holds a good amount of product. All you have to do is just glide it on your eyelid and it'll disperse the right amount of product. If you're lazy when it comes to eyeshadows then the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paints will become your best friend. All I've been doing recently is applying Peachy Apricot, blending it out with my finger, and applying black eyeliner.

The shades I own are Rich Russet (metallic brown) and Peachy Apricot* (metallic rose gold/peach). The Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint retails for $4.99 and it can be found at any drugstore, Ulta, and Walmart location.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint

To demonstrate how well they last I conducted a test for you. In the test I will be rubbing extremely hard to see if the eyeshadows move. You should never be rubbing your eyes as hards as I did on my arm so you honestly won't have anything to worry about with these eyeshadows.

Have you tried the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paints? If so, what did you think of them?

*Peachy Apricot was bought with money given to me by Collective Bias and Rimmel

No comments :

Post a Comment