DIY | Oatmeal and Green Tea Mask for Acne

Today's DIY is perfect for those of you who have oily, sensitive, or acne prone skin. This mask will help calm irritated skin, exfoliate, and make your skin look and feel smoother. The mask is also extremely easy to make and only uses 4 ingredients! Now it's time to head over to the kitchen to whip yourself a mask that not only smell delicious but will make your skin look better.


What You Will Need
Oatmeal- 1/3 cup or 2.6 oz
Water- 1/4 cup or 2 fl. oz
Green Tea- 1 bag
Honey- 1 teaspoon or 0.17 fl. oz

Before we get started on the procedure I would like to inform you about what each ingredient will do for your skin.

Oatmeal
- Helps absorb sebum
- Acts as a gentle exfoliator
- Contains a chemical called saponin which acts as an intense cleaning property
- Helps relieve inflamed skin
Honey
- Anti-aging agent
- Moisturizes skin
- Contains antioxidants
- Contains anti-microbial properties
- Helps protect skin from harmful UV rays
Green Tea
- Contains antioxidants
- Soothes sunburns
- Tones skin
- Calms down irritated skin
- Shrinks large pores
- Draws out impurities
The first thing we're going to do is place 1/4 cup of water into a little bowl or dish. After doing that you will put it in the microwave for 1 minute until it's really hot. Be very careful when taking the dish out because you can burn your fingers like I almost did. You'll want to take out the bag of green tea and place it in the water to let it steep. Let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes.
While the tea is steeping you're going to move on to the oats. Measure 1/3 cup of oats and then put the oats in a food processor or blender. You want the oats to become much finer so they can exfoliate the skin better.
You want the oats to look something like this or even finer. I was personally content with a combination of fine pieces and chunks but you can certainly go with something much finer.
After you have your oats ready you'll want to start mixing everything in! I just dumped the oats into the green tea and started mixing until it started turning into a paste consistency. I added the honey after the oats fully absorbed the tea. If your mixture is not thick then add more honey until it becomes tacky enough to adhere to your skin. I probably ended up putting about a tablespoon and a half of honey because I wanted my mixture to be thick. Once you're done mixing everything it's time to apply it to your face.
This mask won't go even because that's the nature of oatmeal masks, they just want to be applied in clusters. Try your best to apply a even layer as possible with your hands. Also I would highly recommend you to do this above a sink because it's quite messy. Leave the mask on your face for 10 minutes and then go back to your sink. When you're rinsing out your mask you'll want to use circular motions to exfoliate the skin with the oats. You'll find that the oats aren't abrasive but will still leave your skin feeling very smooth. Also the green tea and honey will leave your skin feeling highly moisturized.
Here's how my skin looked before and after the mask. As you can easily see, my skin looked a lot more brighter and smoother after the mask. My skin also felt super nice after using this mask, even hours after using the mask my skin still feels smooth and clean. I highly recommend this mask to anyone, even if you don't have oily acne prone skin like I do.
You'll have plenty of product sill left over for another use. Make sure to put the mask in a container and place it in the fridge so it doesn't go bad. Try to use the mask within the next 4 days since it has no preservatives.

I hope you enjoyed this skincare DIY. Let me know if you try this DIY by tagging me on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. You can also use the hashtag #NeuzethDIY so I can find your picture.

What is your favorite homemade mask? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment