Face of the Day | The Muted Red Lip

face of the day
Last week I went to MAC to drop off some empties and get two products through the Back to MAC program. I went to MAC with a list of lipsticks that I wanted to swatch but I ended up gravitating to a color that I haven't heard many talk about. It isn't a bright shade for spring and summer but it's definitely a color that I'll be wearing a lot. This red lipstick proves that not all red lipstick are created equal. Say hello to the muted red lip! 


fotd
face
FACE
Today was a no foundation type of day for me. All I used all over my face was the L'Oréal Visible Lift CC Eye Concealer in Light and the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder. For blush I decided to keep things neutral so I went with NYX Powder Blush in Mauve. Instead of doing my normal highlighting routine I used the Milani Brow & Eye Highlighters in Matte Beige to highlight around my brows.
face of the day
mac spice it up
EYES
This past week I was just gravitating towards the Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Eyeshadow Palette in Brick Lane. I wore it on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and then once again on Sunday. It is such a great palette and the colors are nicely pigmented. I have the light taupe shade (bottom left) all over my lid, the champagne shade (bottom right) under my browbone and inner corner, and finally the chocolate brown (top right) under my bottom lashes. For eyeliner I used the new Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet* which is a very rich and matte black eyeliner. You've seen that yellow tube of Avon Super Extend Extreme Waterproof Mascara so many times by now that I'm sure you're not surprised that I'm using it once again. As for brows I used my trusty Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown, that stuff never fails.
muted red lip
LIPS
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present you the muted red lip! This is not a bright color but something about it just caught my eye like no other lipstick did. I think I just saw how versatile and unique MAC's Spice It Up is. I honestly think it is the red version of Plumful because it is so wearable. I will definitely have a blog post dedicated to Spice It Up because I honestly can't get enough of it!
mac spice it up
That's it for today's very simple look that I wore out on (American) Mother's Day. We didn't do anything because my mom likes to celebrate on May 10th which is Mexican Mother's Day. You may have seen that I went to Tijuana and things were... interesting to say the least. It always is when you have 15+ loud Mexican women and you happen to be the only quiet one.

What is one product that you happened to use a lot this past week? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment