MAC Spice It Up Lipstick

MAC Spice It Up
MAC's Spice It Up lipstick may only be a week old in my collection but I've worn it 5 times already with no signs of stopping any time soon. It's not a color that screams spring and summer, but it is certainly a shade that has my name written all over it. You all know by now that I love red lipstick but this is no ordinary red. Spice It Up can be best described as a wearable muted red. I know some of you might be confused with the term "muted red" but this lipstick is so different from every red lipstick in my collection and I have a lot.


MAC Spice It Up
MAC Spice It Up swatch
Spice It Up is described in MAC's website as a mulled brown berry. If I want to describe the color for normal people like you and me, I would say that this is a red with brown mixed in. The lipstick has a lustre finish which means that it feels very comfortable on the lips and has a slight sheen. Spice It Up's formula provides a lot of versatility because it can be worn as a stain or can be layered for a bolder look. Like most lipstick I get about 4 hours of wear but I always have to reapply after eating.

I personally like to think of Spice It Up as Plumful's sister because they're very similar as you can see in the swatch above. Both are very wearable muted shades that you can wear with nearly anything! I've already worn Spice It Up with a very simple eye look and with a taupe smokey eye, and I feel like it looked great either way. Although Spice It Up is darker than Plumful, I still find the color very wearable. The muted aspect really helps the wearability factor because I never feel like I'm wearing an overly vampy or obnoxious color.

If you're into reds and want something unlike any other red in your collection then I would highly recommend getting Spice It Up. I also think this would be the perfect work appropriate lipstick since it isn't a bright red. And in case you're wondering, I personally think that anyone can pull off Spice It Up because it's a very neutral shade.

MAC's Spice It Up retails for $16 and can be found at MAC stores, Nordstrom, Macy's, and on their website.
Spice it Up
MAC Spice It Up
MAC Spice It Up
That's it for today's blog post! I hope you all have an amazing weekend. If you live in San Diego, stay strong the wildfires will be gone very soon.

What do you normally look for in a lipstick? Are you picky with the texture? The finish? Or do you usually just go for the specific color? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment