May 2014 Playlist

may 2014 playlist
There's so much more to Canadian music than Justin Bieber and Drake. This month's playlist is inspired by our neighbor's up north because why not? Canada is an amazing country! I visited Vancouver in 2010 and instantly fell in love with the city. My trip to Vancouver still sits very high on the list of cool cities that I've traveled to. And if I could live anywhere else in North America I would choose to live in Vancouver, that's how much I loved that city. So here's a playlist filled with the best that Canada has to offer.


To make this playlist a fun one I decided to have a little of everything I like. There's some indie pop, some experimental stuff, and even some dance music. We also have bigger artists like Arcade Fire and smaller ones like Purity Ring and Braids. I've been lucky enough to have seen 5 of the artists in this playlist live and they're all pretty great performers. Canada is definitely producing some great music lately and I'm sure there's even more Canadian bands that I don't even know about.

See there's much more to Canada than Justin Bieber and Nickelback.
Hope you enjoyed this month's (very late) playlist. Let me know in the comments below if you know of any more cool Canadian bands.

Happy listening!

No comments :

Post a Comment