Life Lately

It has been a few months since my last lifestyle post and I thought I would check back with you because there has been some changes. Your homegirl got a (part-time) job, has been trying to be more spontaneous, and is overall enjoying her summer. As much as I have enjoyed these changes they have also sucked a bit of my energy and I felt so out of the loop with the blogging world for a few weeks. It's been hard trying to find a balance between everything but I'm hopefully going to get there soon.


Let me start off with the most exciting thing- I finally got a job! I cannot tell you how frustrating it has been trying to look for any type of job. I went from looking for translating jobs, to anything that would give me some experience for my resume. Apparently here in the U.S. people want you to work for free in order to get experience which to me that is just a big no-no. Even if I get paid minimum wage I need to get paid for my work, otherwise it's more of an investment for me because gas is certainly not cheap. I found a great little job in my favorite area of San Diego which made me super happy. I wish I could tell you more about it but unfortunately I feel a little weird about telling the internet exactly where I work, all you gotta know is that it's pretty chill and that my coworkers are great.

As much as I love blogging full-time I had to come to a realization that it isn't bringing as much money as I would want it to. This part-time job allows me to earn a more steady income while gaining some professional and social experience. It also has inspired me a lot to keep working harder because there is something about meeting small business owners that has just motivated me a lot to become my own boss someday.

One of mine and Orlando's biggest goals this summer is to be a little more spontaneous. We tend to do a lot of the same things whenever we see each other but this summer we want to just try to live a little and expand our horizons. We started off by going to the fair, I know that doesn't sound spontaneous but it was for us. We rode some rides, got to be goofy, and finally try all these weird fair food that I've only seen in pictures. Even when I visited him last week we went swimming in a pool which we've never ever done together. We're just trying to make these small changes to make things a lot more fun and memorable for each of us.

Overall summer has been treating me right so far. It's definitely going to get a lot busier in July because of the holidays and Comic-Con, but at least things will be interesting. And I'm just counting down the days till the Outside Lands music festival in August. I can't wait for that!

Here are two of my newest vlogs!
Orlando and I go to Orange, California to check out some of the vintage shops. We find an orange tree with a lot of romantic scribbles but we were able to find some random scribbles in there. Orlando also attempts to bake Eiffel Tower shaped oatmeal cookies and fails (derp).
Here is the fair vlog! We rode some rides, I laughed a lot, saw some very cool Beatles memorabilia, and Orlando ate a Krispy Kreme donut triple decker cheeseburger (aka heart attack in a bun).

I really hope you enjoyed this latest lifestyle post, I promise it won't take months to see another one. Let me know what you have done this summer in the comments below. I'd love to know if you've had some exciting thing happening as well.

No comments :

Post a Comment