Face of the Day | Rose Hues

Face of the Day Rose Hues
Whenever I would see rose eyeshadows my mind would immediately think "I can't wear pink, it's going to make me look sick." While everyone and their mothers were raving about the Naked 3 palette, I was avoiding it at all cost. In my efforts to incorporate more color into my makeup routine, I decided to finally step into the world of pink and warm colored hues. I have to say I was very surprised by the outcome and even more when I saw that these eyeshadows managed to do something very cool to my eyes. After sporting this look it's safe to say that I won't be avoiding these colors anymore.


Rose Hues
FACE
I kept it ridiculously easy today because all I used was the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation. I love this foundation because it has amazing coverage but it always ends up looking extremely natural. The other face product that I used today was the Deborah Milano Hi-Tech Blush in Rosa Pesca which is a luminous rose baked blush.
Rose Eyeshadow
EYES
I started off the eye look by priming my eyes with the ELF Essentials Eyelid Primer. With a flat shader brush I used a combination of MAC's All That Glitters and Et Tu Bouquet? (LE) all over my lid. On the crease I used MAC's Haux which is a matte rosey brown shade. To intensify the look I used MAC's Glamour Check! with a little pencil brush to create an outer-v and also smudge it on the lower lashline. Finally to blend out the crease color and highlight the brow bone I used Blanc Type which is one of my favorite MAC eyeshadows. On the brows I kept the MAC theme going by using Espresso which is a dark matte brown. Instead of going with a black liquid eyeliner for this look I went with a soft eggplant color. I used the Almay Intense i-Color Liquid Eyeliner in Purple Amethyst which is a fantastic eyeliner for days that you want very subtle definition. And finally I used my favorite mascara at the moment which is the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara.
Face of the Day Rose
LIPS
I used the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist which is basically Bourjois' version of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. Although the word "nude" is in the shade name, this is definitely not a nude color.

I really hope you enjoyed this latest face of the day! Please let me know in the comments below if you're a fan of pink eyeshadows or if you are a little scared by them like I used to be.

No comments :

Post a Comment