Review | L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder

L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder review
I've talked about this foundation in a monthly favorites video and have even mentioned it in a few blog posts, but I think it's time for me to review it. The L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder was unlike anything at the drugstore when it first hit the shelves back in the fall of 2013. I had not heard about it when it came out but I was immediately intrigued by the concept of a liquid powder so I decided to give it a go. This foundation promises to give you the ultimate natural look and transform to a powder finish on contact.


L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder review
L'Oréal claims that the Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup is a very lightweight foundation which will give you the look that you're not wearing makeup. The foundation was the first to have a liquid to powder formula (much like the Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup) but at the drugstore. The Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation has an extremely liquidy formula which is why L'Oréal recommends you to use your fingers to apply.

I've loved this foundation since I bought it back to November because it evens out my skin and looks extremely natural. I love how it covers up redness and yellow areas, but if you have a lot of purple/blue-ish darkness this won't cover it up completely. The Magic Nude Liquid Powder offers a light-medium coverage so it won't be enough to cover really dark areas or severe acne. If you live in a hot climate and have oily skin then this will be a great summer foundation for you. Since the foundation sets to a powder finish it won't make your face look too oily, but you will have to blot throughout the day if you have really oily skin (#oilyskinproblems).

The L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder would work best on a combination to oily skin, but if you have dry skin then Maybelline does something very similar but with a dewy finish. The foundation is ultra liquidy which means that it can be a little messy, but I found a less messy way to apply this foundation. I first shake the bottle, then apply a little on the palm of my hand, and finally I apply the foundation using a synthetic brush like the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

If you're a fan of lightweight foundations that give you a very natural look, then this is certainly one to try. The Magic Nude Liquid Powder will allow your skin to breathe, and make your skin look like your skin.

The L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Skin Perfecting Makeup retails for $12.99 and can be found at every drugstore, Target, Walmart, and Ulta.
L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder review
Here's a before and after, as you can see my skin looks more even. The redness around my nose has been toned down and the yellow areas are almost completely gone.

Have you tried the L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder? If not, which is your favorite lightweight foundation? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment