August 2014 Playlist

August Playlist
It's time for yet another playlist! This month's playlist doesn't really have a theme like my past ones. I just grouped some new releases and threw them all in one kick ass playlist. There's a little bit of everything in playlist! There's some dance music, some experimental stuff, and even some more mellow songs. If you're looking to some new music then this is certainly the playlist for you! If you've never heard of anyone in this playlist just take a listen, you never know you might find someone that you really enjoy.


Some of my favorite female musicians like Jenny Lewis, Karen O, Lykke Li, and Grimes have released some new music and it's worth listening to. I know the Grimes song has been getting some backlash from the indie community for having a mainstream sound but I happen to enjoy it. Go was a song that Claire Boucher (Grimes) wrote for Rihanna and got declined by her people. In my opinion that song is as experimental as mainstream pop is going to get, but if you want something that is unlike anything you've heard of then you need to check out FKA Twigs.

Other artists in my playlist were influenced by Outside Lands (the vlog is still a work in progress). I finally checked out Spoon's new album which is fantastic! I also had to include my favorite song from Jenny Lewis' new album on here because it sounds like a lot like a Rilo Kiley that I love (bonus points if you know which song I'm talking about). I completely forgot who it was who told me about Ray LaMontagne but thank you! I checked his music out and I've been really enjoying it.
What was your favorite song from the playlist? Let me know in the comments below. If you've discovered some new songs then also share them in the comments.

Happy listening!

No comments :

Post a Comment