Face of the Day | Plum Lips

Face of the Day | Plum Lips
You might be wondering "where were you last week?" If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter then you would that my MacBook Pro was acting up a lot. The trackpad began having problems on Monday and I couldn't do anything with my laptop because the cursor just wouldn't select anything. To top things off my card reader wouldn't let me import pictures, so as you can tell I had an very off week with technology. But being disconnected from the blogging and YouTube world worked wonders on me. For once, I was finally able to rest and think about some great ideas for upcoming posts and videos which has been really tough for me recently. I am happy to say that everything is back to normal with my laptop (thank you Apple!) and I got a new card reader which seems to be working great, so now I'm going to show you a face of the day which was meant to go up last week.


Face of the Day | Plum LipsFace of the Day | Plum Lips
FACE
Since I was going to work that day I decided to keep things extremely simple. I first used the Dr. Brandt Pore No More to prime my face before applying a light layer of The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation. For concealer I used the L'Oréal Visible Lift CC Eye Concealer under my eyes and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer on dark spots and blemishes. To set everything I used the Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder. I then used my favorite bronzer at the moment, The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Light Matte, to add some color to my face before applying the Wet n Wild's ColorIcon Blushes in Mellow Wine to my cheeks.
Face of the Day | Plum Lips
EYES
I bought the It's Judy Time Eyeshadow Palette months ago and I have to tell you that it's pretty disappointing palette. I find the eyeshadows very dry and not very pigmented, which makes them very hard to work with. I've been making an effort to make this eyeshadow palette work for me since the colors do look amazing on the pan and well... I did pay for this. I did a very simple neutral matte look on the lids and then added that gorgeous shimmery purple on the lower lashline. I then used another product that I had forgotten about, the Benefit They're Real! Mascara. I have to say that this is another disappointing product, I don't see why there's so much hype around this mascara. If you want to try this mascara just do yourself a favor and buy Avon's SuperShock Max Mascara which is very similar but only costs $8.
Face of the Day | Plum Lips
LIPS
I had been dying to use the Collection Work the Colour Lip Butter in Perfect Plum since I opened Sarah's box and I finally got the chance to wear it to work. This is a very creamy and pigmented product, one swipe and you have opaque color and hydration. I was a bit afraid that this lipstick would not be long lasting since it is very hydrating, but the lip butter slightly stains your lips which is great. Once the hydration and shine has worn off you will still have some color on your lips.
Face of the Day | Plum Lips
I hope you enjoyed this little face of the day. Stay tuned for new videos and blog posts this week!

Have you tried any disappointing products lately? If so, let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment