Falling In Love With Cream Blush

Falling In Love With Cream Blush
There was once a time that I really disliked cream blush. I thought that I couldn't make them work with my very oily skin, but things have changed a lot recently. I've transformed myself from a cream blush hater to a full-fledged cream blush addict! As the air is becoming dryer and my skin isn't as oily, I've been turning to cream blush to add a natural flush of color to my cheeks. What changed my mind about cream blush? The application. I really did not know how to apply cream blushes before I discovered this magical tool, and the best thing is that the tool is only $3. In this blog post you'll discover some cream blush tips and some product recommendations. You never know, you might become a bonafide cream blush lover just like myself! 


Falling In Love With Cream Blush
Tips
1.) Get the right tool- Before discovering the e.l.f. Studio Small Stipple Brush I used to use my fingers to apply cream blush. The problem I would run into was that I would apply way too much pressure and I would move my foundation and concealer around. This short and stiff brush applies the right amount of product and allows you to blend it out flawlessly. The brush works with every cream blush texture I've encountered, from mousse to gel. 
2.) Application- Stipple on the color then swirl to blend out the harsh edges. Make sure not to apply too much pressure when doing this. By using a light touch you'll achieve something that looks extremely natural on the cheeks.
3.) Less Is More- Don't apply too much blush at once, when you do that it can become hard to get a natural look. When working with cream blushes you want to work little by little, so building up the color is a must. 

This is a lightweight cream blush with a whipped consistency that looks extremely natural on the cheeks. Apricot Glow is a lovely muted peach shade that will lightly warm up your face. I find that is one of the easiest cream blushes to work with because the color isn't too bright and the whipped texture makes it very easy to blend.

This is the first cream blush that I ever enjoyed. The NYX cream blushes are very soft, pigmented, and smooth blushes that give you a very nice dewy look. If you have oily skin you'll want to set this blush with a translucent powder or powder blush because I'm not joking when I say that this will give you a dewy look. Tea Rose is a muted rose colored blush with some brown in it, which makes it very wearable year-round. 

I had heard so much about this blush from all the British bloggers that I follow and now I know what the fuss is all about. This is a very creamy blush but somehow it just stays on my cheeks till the moment I remove my makeup at night. The longevity of this blush is truly amazing, especially considering the price. I also have to mention that Soft Pink is the perfect blush for everyday use, it's one of those no-brainer blushes. 

Cream blush on a stick is a lazy girl's best friend. I really love how easy it is to apply this blush and also the texture. This is no ordinary cream blush, this blush dries to a powder finish! I find that this blush looks very natural and doesn't make me look oily which is a plus. Apricot-a-lot is another soft peach shade that will give your cheeks a pleasant warm glow.

Thanks to the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelées I am now a cream blush addict. These blushes are absolutely remarkable! The blush has a gel texture which gives you a very natural sheer look and the lasting power of a stain. I now have two shades because I obviously cannot get enough of these. Berry Bliss is the perfect sheer plum shade for fall and Island Pink is a burnt cherry shade that will give you that cute flushed look. 

I tried a Stila Convertible Color years ago and wasn't a big fan (it didn't help that I got a muddy brown color), but fast forward to October 2014 and it's a whole different story. This blush is very pigmented, non-greasy, and it lasts all day long! If you want rosy cheeks like Snow White then Hibiscus is your shade, unfortunately that was a limited edition shade but you can acquire a similar look with Poppy. Also a little goes a really long way with these blushes!

I really hope you enjoyed this blog post as much as I enjoyed putting it together. If you're still curious about application then I can certainly do another #BeautyBasics video about cream blushes. 

What are your favorite cream blushes? Let me know in the comments below. Also feel free to share any tips and tricks in the comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment