Review | L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara

L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara Review
As you may remember, I was a huge fan of the original L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara when it came out in the United States last year. I featured the mascara in a monthly favorites and in two separate makeup tutorials. I've even repurchased it three times! When I first heard about the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Punky Mascara, I just knew I had to try it out. It took a few months and a name change for us to get the Miss Manga Rock Mascara across the Atlantic, and let me tell you it is a good one.


L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara vs. L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara
L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara vs. L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara
Here's a comparison of the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara and the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara. The first difference that I want to point out is the different colors of the tubes. I'm not sure how the color yellow is supposed to be more rock, but I still quite like it. The biggest difference between the two mascaras are definitely the brushes. The L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara has a conical shaped brush with bristles that vary in length. The new L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara also has a conical shape, but unlike the original mascara it has short and sparse rubber bristles. And lastly the Miss Manga Rock mascara doesn't have the bendy wand like the original version, this might be great news to those of you who hated that feature.
L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara
The L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara is supposed to create a voluminous spiky effect on the top and bottom lashes, and that's exactly what it does. My lashes look instantly thicker, longer, and spiky with just one coat. I understand that not everyone will desire a spiky (borderline clumpy) lash look, but this is something that many voluminous mascara lovers will enjoy.
L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara Review
Can you guess which mascara is on my lashes? The answer to the question is: L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara on the right eye, and the L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara on the left eye. Both mascaras gave my lashes a fuller, longer, and blacker look in just one coat. Both of them don't flake or smudge on my lashes (yes, even the non-waterproof formula didn't budge). And finally both mascaras manage to hold a curl very nicely.

The original Miss Manga gives my lashes a soft but voluminous fanned out effect. On the other hand, the Miss Manga Rock mascara gives a more rough around the edges, voluminous look. The lashes are still fanned out, but due to the spiky effect they look a lot more darker and dramatic.
L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara vs. L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara
Which one do I personally prefer? As much as I love the original Miss Manga, I think I like the Miss Manga Rock version better. When I buy mascaras, I am looking for the right formula and brush to make my lashes look as fake as possible. I love big, thick, and voluminous lashes; and this mascara gives me just that. If you thought that the original mascara was a little subtle for a volumizing mascara, then you'll love the Miss Manga Rock. If you didn't get along with the bendy brush, then you'll most likely enjoy Miss Manga Rock as well.

The L'Oréal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara retails for $7.99 and can be found at major retailers and drugstores. Unfortunately due to how new it is, I still haven't been able to find a U.S. link for the mascara. I will update this once I see a retailer carrying it online.

Which mascara do you prefer? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment