Review | CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara and Intensify! Me! Liquid Eyeliner

Review CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara and Intensify! Me! Liquid Eyeliner
Last week I received a nice little package from CoverGirl which included two of their newest releases: The Super Sizer by Lashblast Mascara and the Intensify! Me! by Lashblast Liquid Eyeliner. CoverGirl is one of those brands that nearly every girl buys when they're first trying to get into makeup. The original Lashblast Volume Mascara in the orange tube was one of the first mascaras that I tried that left me incredibly impressed with my lashes. And most recently the Full Lash Bloom Mascara became a big winner in my look, so you can imagine how excited I got when I saw a brand new CoverGirl mascara in the box. In this blog post you'll get to see a first impression review on both of the products, as well as a review that will talk about both the formula and longevity of each product. 


Review CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara and Intensify! Me! Liquid Eyeliner

CoverGirl Intensify! Me! Liquid Eyeliner Review
The Intensify! Me! by Lashblast Liquid Eyeliner* is designed to give you two looks in one. The paddle-shaped side will give you an effortless thick line, while the thin side will provide a very subtle thin line. The formula is supposed to glide on smoothly and dry up quickly, I just didn't expect the tip to dry up as quickly.

As you saw in the video, I really enjoyed the liquid eyeliner at the beginning and then I started applying the product to my left eye. I immediately noticed that my left eye looked a lot more sheer and I was struggling to get the tip to dispense product smoothly. It turns out that my eyeshadow was getting in the way of a smooth application. I started wiping off my eyeshadow from the eyeliner on the back of my hand, but even then the product was coming out on the sheer side.

While the concept of the Intensify! Me! by Lashblast Liquid Eyeliner is a cool one, I don't think it's done well. I found the application on the awkward side and I consider myself good with eyeliner. Another thing that made me dislike this eyeliner was the formula, within 4 hours I had the eyeliner transfer on my lids. That alone makes this unsuitable for people with hooded eyes and oily eyelids. Overall, there are much better liquid eyeliners on the market that do the job way better than this one.

The Intensify! Me! by Lashblast Liquid Eyeliner retails for $8 and will be available at major retailers and drugstores.
CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara Review
After the disappointment of the liquid eyeliner I really thought that The Super Sizer by Lashblast Mascara* would impress me, unfortunately that wasn't the case. The Super Sizer by Lashblast Mascara is supposed to fan out your lashes and give them 400% more volume. Why 400%? I have no idea. The way CoverGirl recommends you to use this mascara is by twirling it as you apply it. I did just that but ended up with clumped up and heavy lashes. 

The application was an odd one once again, especially since I tend to do a zigzag motion when I apply mascara. I also found the design of the brush very weird. The flat side of the brush deposits way too much product, while the longer rubber bristles on the tip don't do much in terms of combing through the lashes. The mascara does deliver more voluminous lashes, but it didn't do such a great job of fanning them out.

I really disliked how heavy my lashes felt with this mascara, it honestly felt like I had a strip of false lashes on. I also would see a grey cast on the outer corner because of how much product was on my lashes. The formula did last well in my opinion, I saw no flaking or smudging with this mascara. The removing process was a hassle though. I found that I really needed to tug on my eyelids to remove every trace of mascara, and even then I woke up with quite a bit of mascara smudged. 

The Super Sizer by Lashblast Mascara retails for $6.85 and will be available at major retailers and drugstores.
CoverGirl The Super Sizer Mascara and Intensify! Me! Liquid Eyeliner Review
Overall both of these products disappointed me and I would not recommend them whatsoever. If you want a better CoverGirl volumizing mascara, do yourself a favor and pick up the Full Lash Bloom Mascara. As for eyeliner, check out the NYC Liquid Eyeliner which is incredible and retails for less than $5.

What is your favorite CoverGirl mascara? Let me know in the comments below.

Disclaimer: CoverGirl sent me both products to try out. I am not being compensated for this review, nor was I told that I needed to write one. All opinions are completely my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment