Outside Lands Diary | Vlog + Pictures

I am finally done catching up with all the Outside Lands 2015 coverage. What can I say? I think I got carried away this year, but it was so much fun recording videos before and during the festival. In this blog post you'll find some of my concert photography, as well as a vlog. I tried my best to capture as much from the festival and I really think that I managed to capture my experience very well. I hope you enjoy both the pictures and the vlog, and next week you'll be seeing the Kaaboo festival coverage.


Folk pop Swedish sister duo, First Aid Kit.
By now this woman need no introduction. She's my bad ass role model, David Bowie fan, and guitar legend, St. Vincent. Also, can I just have that outfit?
One of the newest art installations at Outside Lands. As a googly eye fan, I really approved of the big eyes!
I went to see Mumford and Sons as a skeptic. I used to like them but then I quickly got sick of their music but when I heard they were playing at Outside Lands I was secretly curious to find out why they were one of the main acts. Now I know the exact reason why they were more than worthy to be one of the headliners.
New at Outside Lands this year was mini golf! It was an incredibly small area but the holes were all works of art. Just look at the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz!
I finally saw Tame Impala live and they definitely did not disappoint. I also really enjoyed the psychedelic images during their set.
As a rock music fan, it honestly doesn't get any better than seeing The Black Keys live. I saw them live years ago at a KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas and I've been a huge fan of the duo ever since.
One of this year's surprises was St. Paul & the Broken Bones. I had never heard of the band and to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of that style of music but I couldn't deny how great his voice was. The lead singer definitely has some strong pipes!
You may recognize him from Fun, but Nate Ruess is now doing the solo thing. I'm still not a fan of his music (with and without Fun) but the dude has a great voice and stage presence.
My favorite musical nerds made me bust a stiff move or two once again. Hot Chip brought back all my MySpace memories with songs like Over and Over.
Sam Smith is known for his ballads and amazing voice, and now I also know that he's quite adorable in person. He also covered Amy Winehouse's classic song, Tears Dry On Their Own which made me instantly love the guy.
My dad's favorite singer brought the house down! My first concert was an Elton John concert at the age of 7 and I would have never guessed that 18 years later he would be closing a music festival. I took a ridiculous amount of pictures of Sir Elton so my dad could see them all.
As always I did some vlogging at this year's Outside Lands. Check out the music, art, and food from this year's music festival in my latest vlog. I made sure to do a better job vlogging than the previous years. 

What is your dream music festival? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment