Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends

Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends
Last Wednesday several San Diego based bloggers and stylists got together at Neiman Marcus in Fashion Valley to see the upcoming trends for spring and summer. We were served a delicious meal and got to see some incredible pieces on the models. As someone with more of a tomboy style, I got super happy to see blazers and bomber jackets get some attention. Apart from seeing all the upcoming trends for women, we also got to see a few for men which was new for me since I honestly don't know much about male oriented trends. I tried my best to capture the looks both in picture and video, so I hope you enjoy my fashion recap.


Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends
Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends
Blazer fans rejoice! They're coming back and stronger than ever. For me blazers have never gone out of style, but it's great to see blazers get the spotlight for once. I know blazers are often seen as this very masculine piece, but when paired with a fun skirt or dress they can create a nice juxtaposition between feminine and masculine styles. The embroidered floral skirt was such a fun piece for spring and I loved that the outfit was paired with gold jewelry.
Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends
Although I love myself a good blazer such as the white one on the right, I have to admit that it's not a very San Diego-friendly trend. A trend that really lends itself with our hot weather is the bare shoulders which we'll be seeing a lot this spring and summer, especially here in San Diego. I've never tried this particular trend since it's so hard to find a good bra if you have a fuller chest, but maybe I'll consider giving a more minimal off the shoulder blouse a shot to see if I can pull off this trend.
Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends
Another variation of the look combined three trends: the bare shoulders, confident reds, and wide-leg pants. The off the shoulder top just screams resort wear to me, but the trousers are the star of the look for me. I love a good structured trouser and the red just makes them even more interesting. Another aspect that I really love in this particular look is the minimal choker necklace, and now I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for a more affordable version.
Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends
Lace is still going strong this year! This all-out lace ensemble is something that can be worn year-round to be honest, I would just layer some tights for the winter. I personally love this feminine bomber jacket, I think it's a great piece to dress up or down. Also, can we talk about her earrings? Statement earrings are making a comeback this year! If you have a few from a few years ago, it's time to take them out.
Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends
As a fan of minimalist style, this look speak volumes to me. This monochromatic look is chic, minimalist, and very daring. Normally with minimalist style you see a lot of black or muted colors, but it's great to see something very simple in a bright color. I'm definitely going to try and push myself to add one red piece in my wardrobe for spring and summer.
Neiman Marcus Spring/Summer 2016 Trends
For those of you who love fringe, don't worry it's coming back once again. You can take out your favorite fringe pieces that you rock at Coachella and wear them this spring and summer. And as for makeup trends go, don't put the matte lipstick away because the matte look will still be popular this upcoming season.
Come along with me to the brunch! I will be showing you the brunch, as well as more looks that you didn't see in this post. All the looks seen in this post were styled by the talented Alex Yanez. I would also like to thank Neiman Marcus for another fantastic event, they always make bloggers feel so welcomed.

Which look did you like the best? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment