Dollar Store Makeup Challenge + First Impressions

Dollar Store Makeup Challenge
I don't do too many challenges on my channel, but one that really caught my eye recently was the Dollar Store Makeup Challenge. I've seen some people take the challenge seriously but many people have made a complete joke about the premise of the challenge, as well as the products. Let's me be completely real, I may love high-end products but I know that how privileged I am to be able to spend $24 on lipstick or $40 on foundation without having to worry about meeting ends meet. Heck, just the concept of getting PR packages from companies is a huge privilege that not a lot of people have! There's so many people who are not able to spend money on a trip to Sephora or a trip to drugstore to buy makeup, so that's why I told myself that I needed to go the extra mile when it came to the Dollar Store Makeup Challenge. I made sure to show a variety of products from the Dollar Tree, show how each product applies, and also how they wear throughout the day.


Here's my take on the Dollar Store Makeup Challenge which includes a tutorial, first impressions, and an afternoon check-in to let you know which products worked on me and which ones didn't. I was honestly very surprised by many of the Dollar Tree makeup products that I tried in this video.
Dollar Store Makeup Challenge
Dollar Store Makeup Challenge
Here's a very minimal look that I would normally do with high-end makeup, but this time around I did it using Dollar Tree makeup products and brushes. And look at how beautiful this lipstick is! It honestly rivals anything from the drugstore and could even go against some high-end lipsticks.
Dollar Store Makeup Challenge
Products Used
Sassy + Chic Beauty Benefit Cream in Light, $1
L.A. Colors Pressed Powder in Nude, $1
Wet n Wild Contour Brush, $1.99
L.A. Colors Single Blush in Peach Rose, $1
L.A. Colors Pocket Eye Palette in Daring Smoky
Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Brush, $1
Wet n Wild Small Eyeshadow Brush, $1
Wet n Wild ColorIcon Eyeliner/Brow Pencil in Dark Brown, $1
L.A. Colors Liquid Eyeliner, $1
Wet n Wild Mega Wear Mascara, $5.24
L.A. Colors Lipstick in Natural Shine, $1
Colormates Lipstick in Black Orchid and Lipliner, $1
L.A. Colors Base Coat/Top Coat, $1
L.A. Colors Rapid Dry Top Coat, $1
L.A. Colors Color Craze Nail Polish in 530, $1

Have you tried Dollar Tree makeup products? If so, which ones? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment