Review | Glossier Black Tie Set

Glossier Black Tie Set Review
When Glossier first announced their limited edition holiday set, I nearly lost my shit. Anything that Glossier puts out, I need but this time it was much different. Not only did they release one of my favorite products in a brand new shade, but they also came out with some new items! Brand new makeup items that have never been previously released by Glossier. I'm talking about nail polish, eyeliner, and a clear lip gloss that will bring you back to the early 2000's. All of the products in the chic Black Tie Set are meant to help you achieve an easy and glowy party look. And let me tell you, the products inside of the box are as beautiful as the presentation itself.


Glossier Black Tie Set Review
Glossier Black Tie Set Review
Glossier Black Tie Set, $50
The limited edition set includes the No. 1 Pencil eyeliner in Graphite, the Haloscope highlighter in Moonstone, the clear Lip Gloss, and a bottle of #glossierpink nail polish. All items are full size and the set will be available till the end of the year. You save $14 when you buy the set, as opposed to each item individually which makes it a really great deal in my opinion.
Glossier Black Tie Set Review
Glossier Black Tie Set Review
Nail Polish in #glossierpink, $12
Let me start off by saying that this is hands down one of the best nail polish formulas I've ever tried. I didn't expect much from it because I'm so damn picky with nail polishes, but it blew me away during the first coat. Light pinks are not an easy color to work with at all, in fact I just tend to avoid them at all cost. I've found that most will be either too sheer or look very chalky, regardless you often need up to 4 coats to get an even and opaque look.

Glossier managed to create a creamy and opaque light pink that is flattering on all skin tones with #glossierpink. To make things even better, the nail polish dries quickly and the brush is wide enough to cover most of your nail bed. You will need two coats of #glossierpink to get a beautiful and opaque look. Paired with your favorite top coat (mine is the Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat) the nail polish should remain chip-free for 6 days.
Glossier Black Tie Set Review
Lip Gloss, $14
Out of this whole set, this has to be my least favorite item. It's not that it's a bad gloss, I'm just not a gloss type of girl. I will say that the Glossier is very hydrating and not sticky, but it still feels quite thick which is my gripe with a lot of glosses. I'm also not a big fan of wearing a clear gloss by itself because my lips are not the most pigmented. Personally I'm not a fan of looking like I just drooled, but for those who love glosses I think you will enjoy this. The way I've been using the gloss is by layering it on top of lipsticks to create the illusion of a fuller bottom lip.
Glossier Black Tie Set Review
Glossier Black Tie Set Review
Yes, finally a pale opalescent highlighter! I absolutely adore the Haloscope formula (as seen in my original review) but I wanted something with a cooler undertone from Glossier. It seems like Glossier must have read my mind because Moonstone is exactly what I wanted. This is a stunning highlight if you have porcelain to light skin like myself. If you have a more tan or deep complexion, don't worry because Moonstone will work for you as well. You will get more of a natural dewy look as opposed to the icy opal look that you see pictured.

Just like with nail polish, I happen to be very picky when it comes to eyeliner. I don't won't mess with eyeliners that tug on my eyelid or will disappear a few hours into the day- this liner is the opposite of that. The gel liner glides on your eyelid and waterline and stays put all day. I knew it would hold on well on my lids, but I was particularly surprised by how well it lasted when I used it to tightline. The color is a wearable off-black shade, so it will give you a nice sultry look without closing your eyes too much. I'm hoping that Glossier will release more shades in 2017 because this is yet another product with a noteworthy formula.

Apart from the formula, Glossier also did a great job with the packaging. The liner comes with a built-in sharpener and smudger to help you create an effortless smokey eye.
Glossier Black Tie Set Review
In my opinion the Glossier Black Tie Set is definitely worth picking up for yourself or as a gift, especially if you're already a fan of Glossier. All the products not only look beautiful to look at but also perform extremely well.

Will you be picking up the Glossier Black Tie Set? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments :

Post a Comment