Face of the day | Bordeaux lips

I decided to match my lips to my Bordeaux colored American Apparel Piqué shirt (which I own in 4 colors because they're incredibly comfortable). I decided to keep the rest of the face pretty neutral because I wanted the lips to be the star of the look. Another thing I did, was use some of the products I bought back in Paris. I had honestly forgot how lovely the Deborah Milano blush is and how it creates a nice flushed look. Alright, enough talking and let's get down to business!

Face
 I have been in love with the Covergirl 3-in-1 Stay Fabulous foundation for the past 3 weeks now. I bought it right after seeing ItsJudyTime's review, since I know she has oily skin I figured "hey, this product may keep me from looking like an oily mess." And you know what... it has! I'll write a full review in the future but all you need to know is that this is some seriously amazing foundation. In case you're wondering my shade is Classic Ivory. For concealer I used my handy dandy Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in 20 light pale. I don't think I've ever loved an under eye concealer as much as I love this baby. I decided to take a break from the Elf HD powder and us the Lorac Face Powder in P2 which I've neglected for months (because honestly its nothing special). Deborah Milano is a brand that may be completely unknown for many Americans. I discovered this blush one day when I was browsing the makeup section at Monoprix in Paris which is something I did often since there was one near my uni and another one near my apartment. The Deborah Milano blushes really caught my eye when I saw the display and the shade I used (which is sadly the only one I picked up) is 58 Paprika which is EXTREMELY pigmented so you really need to make sure that you have a light hand with this.


Eyes
I wanted to wear an eye shadow that is highly shimmery but not obnoxious and Stila's Kitten is that eye shadow! This is an eye shadow that EVERYONE needs to own! I know that a champagne color is not hard to find but there's just something about Kitten that sets it apart from all the other similar shades. The eye shadow almost feels like a cream and the lasting power is amazing, even without a primer. I decided not to wear eyeliner except on my waterline because it was quite red and for that I chose the MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20. For mascara I decided to use the cheap-o mascara I bought at one of the 1 euro stores outside the La Défense metro/RER station. The name of the mascara is Vero Moda mascara negra con brocha latex 2 funciones (English translation: Vero Moda black mascara with a 2 function latex brush), I know the name is ridiculously long but what can you expect from a 2 euro mascara? The mascara is not the best but I do love the brush on the other hand. I applied one good coat of that and for my bottom lashes I used the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Dark Brown. On the brows I just lightly filled them in with the light shade in the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Auburn/Red which I bought back when I had bright red hair.

Lips
The star of today's show is Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick in 124 Bordeaux! While I didn't get to visit  Bordeaux while I was living in France the color reminds me of all the 3/4 euro wine from Bordeaux that I drank over my year abroad. I absolutely love Rimmel lipsticks, I find the consistency very nice and the wear is fantastic since it does stain your lips a little. Before I applied the lipstick straight from the bullet, I lined my lips using the NYX Long Pencil Lip in Deep Purple. Whenever I apply dark lipstick I want to make sure all the lines are nice and even, nothing pisses me off more than feathering or smudges outside the lip line and for that I used the MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 once again.

Tools
Crown Brush Mini Flat Bronzer brush
Elf complexion brush
Elf professional eye shadow brush
Kirkland angled eyebrow brush and spoolie
Tarte eyelash curler

What do you think of the look? Do you love dark lipstick as much as I do? Should I stop blogging and continue my homework now? I think I probably should.

No comments :

Post a Comment