Review | Lush Herbalism

I've always been intrigued by Lush skincare products because they look different to what you usually buy at stores. Since I've never used any Lush skincare product before I went into Lush to ask for a sample of the Herbalism cleanser which is a cleanser made for oily skin people. Luckily the lady gave me a generous sample that lasted me two weeks so I was able to try the product and develop my opinion about it.

Let's start off with Lush's claims. According to Lush Herbalism is "a powerful decongestant for your pores" and is "best suited to those who have tried everything under the sun to clear up their oily and blemish prone skin." Herbalism is made of a blend of rosemary, nettle and chamomile, ground rice bran acts as an effective exfoliant, and while kaolin which is the ingredient that is able to clean deep the dirt and debris from inside your pores. Now let me interrupt Lush for a second and say that this cleanser did NOTHING for my skin. Nothing!

When you see the product it looks pretty much like the wasabi you get at most sushi places. It is green and clumpy like wasabi but it smells like green tea ice cream. Since the cleanser is pretty much dry and clumpy you need to put a little product on the palm of your hand and then add a bit of water to create a paste with it. I didn't mind creating the paste but once you start rubbing it on your face there is absolutely no indicator that the product is working. The product doesn't foam or leave your skin feeling any different, it basically feels like you're just rubbing a green mixture all over your skin. The rice bran did nothing to exfoliate my skin, my skin start accumulating dry patches after a week so I just started using my own exfoliant after using this cleanser. Apart from not living up to the exfoliating claims, this product also did nothing for my oily skin. My skin actually felt a lot oilier these past two weeks since I started using Herbalism. I also starting breaking out more and this cleanser did nothing to reduce the amount of acne on my face. Probably the only thing I liked about Herbalism was the scent but if I want to smell something similar I can just buy some green tea ice cream and call it a day.
I had higher expectations about Lush skin care products and this one let me down a lot. Would purchase this product in it's full size? No, I don't think I would ever purchase it. If you would like to try any skin product from Lush I recommend you ask for a sample first because their products are not the cheapest on the market.

Sorry Lush but my first venture into the world of your skin products was a very disappointing one.

Have you tried Herbalism? If so, what did you think of it?
Do you recommend any Lush skin products?

4 comments :

  1. I haven't used that..but I use Angels on Bare Skin and LOOOOOOVE it. My skin never looked better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to go to Lush and get a sample of that.

      Thanks for your recommendation! :)

      -Laura

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review- but sorry this didn't work for you! I tried Herbalism in the past as well and didn't love it either. I was very surprised by Lush's Aquamarina cleanser. Very gentle on my sensitive/acne-prone skin, but effective! Angels on Bare Skin is nice too if you want a gentle scrub :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I haven't found their skincare products very effective on my skin either, it is good that they provided you with a big enough sample for you to try rather then having wasted a purchase!

    Thanks for sharing

    B-e-a-u-t-y-t-u-t-o-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete