Review | New Rimmel Products!

I probably haven't been inside a K-Mart in about 7 years or so, but I had to go recently when I saw this storage thing I really wanted for my makeup collection on sale. So I went with my mom and although the store hasn't changed much since I moved to the United States, I did notice that their makeup selection is surprisingly good! They had everything from L'Oreal to the Elf Studio Line but what really caught my eye was the Rimmel display. I noticed there were a ton of products that I had only heard the British YouTube gurus talk about so I decided to pick up the Wake Me Up Concealer and a Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal.

Wake Me Up Concealer
According to Rimmel this is a full coverage concealer that has an anti-fatigue effect with peptides, illuminates under the eyes, and is also able to conceal spots and blemishes. I picked up the shade 230 very fair/light and its a great skin match for me. I have to disagree with Rimmel though, while this concealer does work amazing under the eyes, it is certainly not a full coverage concealer. I would say this concealer is a medium coverage concealer with the ability to be build up to a heavier coverage. While it worked great under the eyes, it doesn't work as well when it comes to covering up red blemishes. The really liquidy consistency makes this ideal for under the eyes because it does not settle into the fine lines. It also has a slight reflective element to it that immediately brightens up the under eye area. It blends super easily into the skin and has no shimmer which is great. Unfortunately the shade range sucks! There are only 5 shades available with the medium shade being the darkest in the collection. I think this concealer would only suit those of us with fair skin and some tan skin, but it wouldn't work at all for deeper skin tones.

Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal
I think this is Rimmel's answer to Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner pencil and you know what, I think its pretty damn good. Once the formula sets it doesn't move unless you rub really hard with your finger (which is something that I highly doubt one will do to the eye area). I picked up the shade 005 Nude in order to see whether it could compare to the Mac Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20. I have to say I like the Scacandaleyes way better than the Chromagraphic pencil. It went on smoother, it lasted longer, and it had more of a peachy shade instead of a yellow concealer shade like the Chromagraphic pencil has. The best thing is that these eyeliners are less than $5 which means you could easily pick up three shades for the price of one Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil. There are currently 10 shades available from black to a light blue but I hope they make even more in the future because I know I will be picking up a bunch of shades!

Check out some swatches of both products below.
On the right is the Mac Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 and on the left is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 005 Nude
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 230 very light/fair
See how the concealer just blends seamlessly into the skin?
Would I recommend both products? HELL YES! Both products are under $10 which makes them a bargain! The concealer is great for under the eyes, and the eyeliner is amazing! I'm honestly going to pick up a couple more shades in the near future.

Have you guys tried any of the two products I talked about?
If you have tried a different Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal, which shade do you recommend?

Use the code below to save on your Ulta purchase!

2 comments :

  1. Oh I love both of these products:) The concealer is my favourite I've gone through so many already xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concealer is so great! The more I use it, the more I fall in love with it. :)

      Delete