Face of the Day | Purple

I wanted to do something different for today's face of the day so instead of doing another bold lip I decided the eyes would be the focus of today's look. I absolutely love how purple looks against my skin tone and eyes but instead of putting purple eyeshadow all over my lids, I just decided to use it on the bottom lash line for a pop of color so it wouldn't look so obnoxious. Keep reading to find out how I created this look.

Face
For foundation I used my trusty Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation in 810 Classic Ivory. Since I had a couple of pesky blemishes, I used the Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Creme-Stick in Opal 12 to conceal them and for my under eye I stuck with another favorite of mine, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer in 20 Light Pale. To set everything up I used another favorite, the Elf High Definition Powder. For blush I wanted something very muted so I went with the Elf Studio Blush in Peachy Keen (which works great for us pale girls) and I lightly contoured my face with the Bourjois Délice de poudre bronzer powder in 51 peaux claires/ médianes.

Eyes
I started off by priming the eye using a little sample of the Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer which is ok, I honestly prefer the Too Faced Shadow Insurance a lot better. For this look I decided to bust my Mac neutral eye shadow palette which took me about a year to fill out. I used All That Glitters all over the lid, Phloof! in the inner corner and under the brow, Mulch in the crease, and finally Espresso to deepen the outer corner and crease a little. Under the bottom lashes I used the Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in 04 Aqua as a base for the purple eyeshadow. The reason why I wanted to use this bright blue instead of a purple eyeliner was because I wanted a gradient effect, plus the color of the eyeliner is gorgeous! For the purple I decided to use the bright purple in the Barry M TES4 trio that my lovely friend Sofia gave me when she came to visit me in Paris. The purple color is amazing! And the pigmentation is not bad for a drugstore product. I used the tiny brush that came in the trio to apply the eyeshadow and do a little blending. And for mascara I used the Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition like last time. Since I dyed my hair black I can no longer use the NYX eye brow cake so I've gone back to the Tarte Toolbox in Dark.

Lips
I'm not a fan of neutral lip color but I do love the Kate Moss by Rimmel lipstick in 07. Unfortunately this shade is not sold in the United States, its only available in Europe which sucks because I won't be able to get it when I run out! The color is a great muted peach color which is the reason why it doesn't end up looking like you just applied concealer all over your lips. If you can get this lipstick I highly recommend it! If not I think shade 16 might be somewhat similar.

Tools
Elf Complexion Brush
Crown Brush Mini Flat Bronzer brush
Elf Professional Eye Shadow Brush
Elf Blending Eye Brush
Brush in the Barry M trio
Tarte Eyelash curler
Kirkland Angled Brow Brush and Spoolie 

What do you think about purple eyeshadow?
 Also do you prefer me with black hair or a lighter brown?

By the way here's my latest video on my YouTube channel.

No comments :

Post a Comment