Spring/Summer Lipsticks


Whenever I think about spring and summer one things comes to mind- bright lipsticks! Bright shades of pink, coral, and orange look amazing during sunny days. I'm a little bit of a lipstick fanatic so it took a while to pick my favorite shades for the upcoming months.


Milani Color Statement Lipstick in '12 Flamingo Pose,' $5.49
This is a very bright in-your-face coral. The lipstick is a cream finish so it won't dry out your lip whatsoever. The lipstick has a very creamy consistency so it easily glides on your lips, but since this is a drug store lipstick don't expect the lasting power to be incredible. I got about 4 hours of wear with this lipstick which I find to be the average for drugstore lipsticks. There's about 28 different shades in this lipstick line so there's a color to suit everyone, but Flamingo Pose was just one of those colors that I just couldn't pass up.

Revlon Lip Butter in '015 Tutti Frutti,' $7.49
Revlon Lip Butters are one of my favorite lip products of all time. I love the feel of them, the versatility, and the price. You can often find these on "Buy one get one half off" sales at Ulta or cut out coupons from the Sunday papers. Why I love Tutti Frutti is because its a nice sheer orange color. If you're scared of orange shades but would like to venture out to the citrus shades then Tutti Frutti is a good option for you. Since I bought this lipstick it has quickly become my favorite orange because let's be honest MAC's 'Morange' is a bit obnoxious.


Tarte for True Blood LipSurgence, $24
I bought this purely because I love True Blood so I was really happy when I found out that the shade is gorgeous. This is a nice cherry red lip stain/balm with subtle gold shimmer. Whenever I'm looking for a nice red that won't be too high maintenance I just reach out for this. I wouldn't say that this is the best lip stain out there but it is certainly not bad. You end up looking like you ate a cherry Popsicle when the color starts to fade. I also love the minty smell of Tarte LipSurgence products since it reminds me a bit of Burt's Bees lip balms. This was a limited edition product but a red shade named 'Lust' which is part of the permanent line. I just wish they weren't so expensive because as much as I would love to try more shades I just can't seem to bring myself to spending $24 when I could easily buy a couple Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains instead.

Lime Crime Lipstick in 'Centrifuchsia,' $15.99
Want a lipstick with great longevity? Well Lime Crime is the brand you're looking for! Lime Crime is known for their very opaque lipsticks and Centrifuchsia is no exception. It is without a doubt the brightest blue based hot pink shade I own. If you love hot pink lipstick then this one is a must! It can be used lightly on your lips to create a stain or can be layered for a long lasting bright lip. I have also used this lipstick plenty of times as cream blush since it doesn't have any shimmer in it. If you have dry lips I would recommend applying some lip balm at the beginning of your makeup application so by the time you apply your lipstick your lips will nice and moisturized.

Illamasqua Lipstick in 'Over,' $24
Another matte lipstick, what can I say I love matte products. This is a matte coral, but unlike the one from Milani this one has a bit more orange. This was one of those colors that immediately caught my eye when I saw it at Sephora because unlike most coral shade this was completely matte. The dry formula might not appeal to everyone and that is why I also recommend to apply lip balm before the application. It is a fun and pretty color, definitely one of my favorite lipsticks in my collection.

Avon Ultra Rich Lipstick in 'Raspberry,' $7 (Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in 'Sheer Raspberry Ice' in the American Avon)
This is my personal "my lips but better" color. I bought it from the Mexican Avon hence the slightly different name but it is also available in the American Avon as Sheer Raspberry Ice. I love the Ultra Color Rich lipsticks because they just feel so nice on your lips. They are incredibly moisturizing so this is one of those lipsticks that you will want to reapply because of how nice it feels on your lips. I wore this shade like crazy when I was living in Paris because of how flattering it is. I'm not a nude lipstick kind of girl because I feel like I look like I am about to pass out with but this shade gives me the natural look that I desire. It is a nice berry shade that is sure to suit many skin tones.

What are you favorite lipsticks for spring and summer? Share them on the comments below.

4 comments :

  1. Beautifully done!! Love the pics! I want them all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Its such a unique color for the drugstore. It was one of the few times that a color has completely grabbed my attention.

      Delete