Face of the Day | Breast Cancer Awareness

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so to honor those women who are breast cancer survivors and those who have lost loved ones to it, I've decided to create a wearable look that incorporates a lot of pink. Personally I haven't been affected by Breast Cancer but I have had family members pass away due to other types of cancer so I know how important it is to raise awareness. Women as soon as in their 20s should start being more proactive and do breast self-exams regularly. For more information about the breast self-exam and what abnormalities to look for I recommend you to look at this article from Cancer.org.


The key to not end up looking like an 80s aerobics instructor or a Barbie doll is to incorporate different finishes of pink. For the eyes keep things very light and shimmery, keep it matte on the cheeks, and then you can either go with a matte or cream formula on the lips. I would also recommend swapping black eyeliner for brown as it looks nicer paired with pink.

Face
My face has been looking pretty good lately and due to the hot weather here in San Diego I didn't want to wear a full face of makeup. Instead a combination of Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in light and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in light was used. I set the mixture of concealers with a little Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 001 Transparent. On the cheeks I used a matte pale pink to so I could create a natural flushed look. Illamasqua powder blusher in Chased is the perfect pale pink for those with oily skin because it has no shimmer and has great longevity. And as for highlight I used the top two strips in the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Healthy Glow.

Eyes
I applied Maybelline's Color Tattoo Metal in Inked in Pink all over the lid as a base. You could wear this by itself but the color itself is quite pink and I wanted to tone it down just a bit with a shimmery color. My Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells palette has seen better days but despite the almost non-existent pink shade I still decided to use it because it is a very flattering color on pretty much everyone. I applied the shimmery pink color all over the lid and applied the middle brown color lightly on the crease. For eyeliner I used the e.l.f. Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen in brown which is only $1! I wore it for the first time on Tuesday at the Haim concert and I was surprised that it lasted as well as it did. The eyeliner is a very lovely chocolate brown which will give you a more natural definition. On the waterline I used a little bit of Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Nude to brighten them up a bit. As for mascara I went with the Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara which I've been wearing a lot recently. The mascara also comes in a bright pink tube which ended up fitting well with the theme of today's makeup.

Lips
As you all know by now, I'm a huge fan of bold lips so I really wanted to do a bold lip with this natural look. Rimmel's Show Off lip lacquer in Apocaliptic is the perfect blue-based hot pink for me. I love how bright it is and especially how long it lasts on my lips. If you're not a fan of a bright lip, this look would also look lovely with a pink lipstick with a little bit of mauve in it. I would just avoid a pale pink or a nude pink as it may wash you out with all the pale colors.
I know I haven't done one of these posts in months so I really hope you all enjoyed the look. I'll try to do them more often so you can see what makeup I wear when I'm not filming a tutorial.

The question of the day is, what do you do in order to raise awareness for Breast Cancer or any other type of cancer? Do you participate in walks? Share articles on social media? Let me know what you do in the comments below. I've personally participated in a couple of Breast Cancer walks in San Diego and I'm also very vocal about getting screened as soon as possible. As scary as getting screened can be you have a higher chance of beating cancer if you catch it in it's early stages.

No comments :

Post a Comment