Face of the Day | Tea Party Neutrals

On Sunday I was invited to attend my very first tea party. Despite not being the biggest girly girl on the planet, I was actually excited to attend. My goal was for my makeup to look as lady like as possible, but with an edge. While I kept the rest of my face pretty neutral I wanted to do something different on my lips. Instead of doing a plain red lip I decided to add some dimension by adding a bit of black lipstick in the outside corners of my mouth. It's just an interesting play on the classic red lips.


Face
I am still using the Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation because I love the natural finish this foundation leaves. I'm at the point that I'm scraping the foundation that's left in the container, that's how much I've loved it. As concealing goes I used the Flower Secret Service Cover-Up in CU1 on any blemishes and the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Fair under my eyes and on top of my cheekbones. To set everything I used my brand new Neutrogena Shine Control Powder which gives the skin an airbrushed appearance. I didn't want to do much on my cheeks because the focus was going to be on my lips so I only dusted some Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Chased and topped it off with Mac Mineralized Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle on the cheekbones.

Eyes
I decided to keep the eye look ridiculously simple. I first primed my eye with Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer and then used the Mac Pain Pot in Rubenesque as a base. Then I took the Makeover Essentials Shimmering Glow Eye Color Kit that my boyfriend gave me last year. The eyeshadows are a bit powdery but they have decent color payoff. I used the brown shade all over the lid and blended it up on my crease as well. Then I used a combination of the light pink and white under my brow bone and in the inner corner of my eye. I've been getting back into tight lining so I just what is left of my Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion to tight line. To create an illusion of even thicker lashes I also used the E.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in brown to draw a thin line on my eye. To fill in my brows I used the same brown from the Makeover Essentials palette. I was actually surprised at how well it worked for my brows. To set my brows in place I just used my trusty E.l.f. Wet Gloss Clear Mascara which I have been using for the past 3 years. And lastly we can't forget about mascara! I'm currently trying to use up the mascaras I had opened so today I used the E.l.f. 3-in-1 Mascara on my top and bottom lashes.

Lips
As I previously said, I wanted the lips to be the focal point of this look. Whenever I wear a red lip I just prefer to keep everything pretty simple because it is a bold color. I used the Em Michelle Phan Shade Play Lip Palette to achieve the red lips. I used to two matte lip colors on the palette and the lip brush that comes with the palette to shape my lips. And now for the black lipstick, I used the L.A. Colors Lipstick in Black Velvet which was only $1.95 but I managed to get it for half off. Yeah, it was that cheap and it's pretty opaque. To create some depth to my lips I only used a bit of black on the corners of my lips then used the lip brush to blend it into the red. 

Here's the vlog from that day! Make sure to subscribe to my vlog channel for more personal videos.

I really hope you enjoyed the look. Let me know in the comments below if you'd like a tutorial on how to do add depth to your lips by using a black lipstick.

No comments :

Post a Comment