Channel Orange

Hello everyone, my name is Laura and I am addicted to orange colored lip colors. Once upon a time I found orange to be too obnoxious, but flash forward a couple of years and now I'm constantly fighting the urge to purchase more orange lip colors. My collection of orange lip products is rapidly growing with no signs of stopping any time soon. Inspired by the Frank Ocean album Channel Orange, I'm going to be showing you a variety of orange shades and lip products in this post.


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 235 Mischievous, $8.99
Revlon came out with the newest addition to their lip products back in November 2013. These are super moisturizing matte balms and yes, I did just described a matte product as moisturizing. This color is a muted orange/coral shade perfect for spring. I would suggest exfoliating your lips prior to applying this color because it does tend to cling on to dry lips. You can see this lip color in action in the following post.

Maybelline Color Elixir in 015 Mandarin Rapture, $8.99
These are Maybelline's latest lip release which is supposed to be like a 3-in-1 product. It has saturated lip color like a lipstick, moisturizing properties like a lip balm, and a shiny finish like a lip gloss. This feels almost exactly like the Almay Liquid Lip Balm but has way better color payoff. Mandarin Rupture is a beautiful tangerine shade with orange micro glitter. It wears very comfortably on the lips and isn't sticky like a lip gloss. I also love the packaging because you can see exactly what the color will look like in the "lip bullet." You can see this lip color in my latest haul video.

Sula Sun Kissed Citrus Lip Balm Duo, $18 (trio)
Sula Beauty is a brand I discovered in Anthropologie years ago. This lip balm consists of a coral and peachy orange shade. If you're scared of trying a loud orange then an orange lip balm might be for you. The lip balm will give your lips a very sheer wash of orange which feels incredibly comfortable.  The lip balm is more on the lighter side side, so it wouldn't be the best option if you live in a colder area. This lip balm duo is sadly discontinued but you can find the Sun Kissed lip balm available in another format.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 969 24 Carrot Gold, $2.29
This is the drugstore dupe of MAC's Morange! A long wearing opaque orange lipstick with a bit of sheen and a very reasonable price tag. If you're looking for a bright and opaque orange then I would recommend this to MAC's Morange because of the price tag. Some people don't like orange lips as much as me so paying $16 for a lipstick would be kind of a waste. You can see this lip color in action in the following video.

Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick in Cosmopop, $18
When you think of unique colored lipsticks one brand comes to mind and that is Lime Crime. This was one of the first unique colored lipsticks that I ever purchased. This is a milky orange which reminds me a lot of a creamsicle. Not going to lie as much as I love the color this lipstick just looks odd on the lips, especially when worn to it's full capacity. It almost looks like you've slathered on a melted creamsicle on your lips, which isn't a cute look when you have fair skin. Since the color is a bit too much for me I usually use it when I want to create dimension on my lips. A little dab of this on the center of your lips will create the illusion of plumper lips.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 015 Tutti Frutti, $8.99
How many times can someone talk about lip butters? Judging by my blog I cannot stop talking about them! These are incredibly moisturizing and fuss free lip colors. This color in Tutti Frutti is a sheer blood orange shade that just melts on your lips. If you're not brave enough for an opaque orange then this would be another great option for you. You can see the lipstick in this outfit of the day post back when I had longer hair.

L'Oréal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in 188 Coral Tattoo, $9.99
L'Oréal's answer to the YSL Glossy Stain came to us a little over a year ago. I remember when these came out everyone wanted to go get one and I found myself going to a couple of stores just to find this specific shade. The Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stains are a water based stain formula with a lot of shine. These stains feel like you have a layer of gel on your lips but fortunately they aren't necessarily sticky like many lip glosses. This particular shade is a juicy tangerine color which I have been wearing a lot recently. You can see this lip color in this face of the day post and this haul.

Mac Lipstick in Morange, $16
This is the ultimate orange lip color in my opinion. If you want a bright in-you-face orange lipstick then this is it! Morange is a creamy bright orange shade that commands the attention of everyone. I remember one time I wore this to school and a really tall basketball player from my uni ran after me to ask if I was wearing Morange. This is certainly not a lipstick for those who are shy with color. You can see this lipstick in my Ziggy Stardust makeup tutorial.

I hope you enjoyed today's post! What shade of lipstick are you addicted to? Are you a nude girl? A red lips type of gal? Or a fuschia girl? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment